Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1947033

Some posts from the previous thread to get us started:

But then we are short one strong RHD to carry the weak LHD.

Enstrom Myers
Chiarot Trouba
Stuart Pardy

That's ******

In My FHM online league I just moved Buff to Florida for Mike Matheson, their 2016 1st and Shawn Thornton. Both Florida and My 1st will probably be on the 10-20 range so I feel like I made out alright

I'd like to see more of Roslovic, but personally I wouldn't be moving Lemieux or Morrissey either.

Roslovic is not a prospect I would want to move. My short list of moveable prospects would be Morrissey, Armia, Lemieux.

Guaranteed if were out of the playoff picture by the TD chevy will pull the trigger on a crazy good offer from a contender. Some GM will overpay for Buff regardless of what fans say.

Buff's the 3rd highest scoring D in the league over the last 4 seasons. He puts up points at an insane rate for a defenseman (0.71, 2011-present). He hits like a truck, he's fun to watch and he can dominate a game. Keith Yandle garnered Phoenix a king's ransom from the NYR last season and he scores less (0.60 ppg 2011-present), hits less and is worse defensively.

I'm sure there'll be some team out there at the TD that feels they're a Buff away from the Cup.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
They probably want Postma.

I agree with Postma to Chicago. I was just saying that earlier today in a conversation I was having with my father about why Chevy was taking in the Philly/ Chicago game.

I would want an over pay from Chicago due to their massive need for a capable low cost 5/6 D man and them being in our division.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sure are a lot of posts lately wanting to give up on Morrissey already. Easily our best D prospect. Almost our only D prospect. :shakehead

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
Guaranteed if were out of the playoff picture by the TD chevy will pull the trigger on a crazy good offer from a contender. Some GM will overpay for Buff regardless of what fans say.

Honestly, what do you think are the odds of us being out of the playoff race by the TD? This is not just out of a playoff position but far enough out of one to be right out of the race.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Well no actually. You'd think he would be trending upwards with each training camp...but he's not. He's consistently trending downwards. So no, its not 'nuff said. There is legitimate cause for concern here in regards to his development.

I agree, although I would call it a sideways development. But, maybe after tonight things will look different ;) There's going to be a ton of scrutiny with Josh playing for the Moose.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well no actually. You'd think he would be trending upwards with each training camp...but he's not. He's consistently trending downwards. So no, its not 'nuff said. There is legitimate cause for concern here in regards to his development.

OK, I'll give you the bold but I think the concern is being way, way overstated. I think that if the Jets brought him up and played him for 3 weeks he'd do fine. If we didn't have so many D he would probably be getting that kind of opportunity now.

I don't understand why he can't adapt to change more quickly but that seems to be a part of him. It even seemed to apply last year going from PA to Kelowna in the same league. Its something I hope he grows out of eventually but in the meantime he requires a certain amount of patience.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Wasn't the same stuff said about Scheifele?

I think this is much ado about nothing personally. Josh is a really good player.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
How about this for craziness:

Buff - 50% retained, 2.6m cap hit for both sides

Bickell - 35% retained. 2.6 cap hit for us, 1.4m cap hit for them this year and next
Excellent haul of draft picks/prospects

Is it just me or is Bickell still somewhat useful? He looks like a .5 PPG winger with acceptable advanced stats. Cap hit is a wash for them, they move 2.6m out and take in 2.6. But 1.4 stays with them next season. Buff would be a pure rental, his cap hit disappears this summer for both sides. I don't see Bryan Bickell with a 2.6m cap hit next season being too much of an issue for us.

Move Burmi to 4th line, send Copp down or waive Peluso. I'd like to see Copp at home with more favorable matchups though.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think we would get the question marks. Dano is a blue chip prospect....and it doesn't solve our problem of needing a left side defender if we trade away Buff.

True but that problem doesn't get solved if we let Buff walk either. I guess it depends on what the choices are. To get a LHD solution in return for Buff I think we have to accept a prospect at least as part of a package. The teams that would most want Buff would need to send us some cap hit in return. Not necessarily a dump but significant salary. To get an established top 4 D in return we might have to add something significant. Satisfying all the needs on both sides just grows as first one side has to add and then the other. It might take a blockbuster of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad