Proposal: Jets - Flyers JVR

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I disagree with the bolded, JVR isn’t better then wingers Connor, Ehlers or Wheeler.

JVR has more goals than the Jets wingers except for Connor, Wheeler and Gagner despite missing 20 games with a broken finger.

Appleton is still injured and Barron has yet to establish himself more then a 3rd line winger, Maenalanen probably won’t stick around after this season, even Perfetti doesn’t have as many goals as JVR.

JVR could easily slot into 2LW and 2nd PP as a net front presence.

And Ehlers missed 30+ with a sports hernia.

JVR wouldn't play 2LW for the Jets and I wouldn't spend a 1st on him - Barron is a 3rd line LW like you suggest, and Appleton will be back at some point so blowing a 1st because of an injury mid-season isn't really appealing. Plus that puts Perfetti on a line that doesn't really suit him. So at best JVR ends up likely on the 3rd line pushing Barron down and bumping someone like Kuhlman to the press box. Is that kind of upgrade worth a 1st? To me, not really.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
:jetsWinnipeg Acquires: LW James van Riemsdyk (50% Retained)

:flyersPhiladelphia Acquires: RD Tyrel Bauer a 2024 1st round pick (top 8 protected) and a 2025 5th round pick.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that JVR could return a 1st round pick. That's just a gross over-valuing of a one dimensional player who is frankly pretty lousy defensively to the point of it being a detterant.

If the Jets were willing to give up a prospect and a 1st - even a 2024 one - I think they could receive a much better player back than JVR.

Reactions: Pongs21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad