Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Flames • Tue, Feb 9 @ 9:00 pm CT • TSN3 & SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed and if Lewis doesn't work you have a shit load of other options you can try but Dubois and Connor seems like a great fit.

Potentially. Lets see how they gel.

The same goes for all of the rest of this. It looks good on paper. Lets see it in action once the season restarts. Are we in another Covid pause, or what? :laugh: Drop the puck!

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We'll see how that plays out. I'd bet he brings down Connor and Dubois' offensive games more than he prevents goals.

It isn't just about preventing goals against. It is about getting out of the D zone and into the O zone. Of course that will prevent goals against. But it will also create goals for. His only points may come from 2nd assists but scoring still goes up ..... we hope.

Reactions: Jets 31

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'd still like to see MattyP's fancy stats for this season... last year he was really off but he looks like his old play-driving self this year... again, he ends up as the forgotten Jet

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
BooBoo will be a healthy scratch mid-season.
Jets are getting his expansion games in to be eligible.
His effort is exceptional, but his skating and decision making are poor.
Heinola will be a regular by mid-season.

Poolman in, BooBoo out. Still no Heinola while Stanley plays every game.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Especially with Stanley already in and Poolman ready to come back.

I think Heinola and Samberg get a year with the Moose, Stanley is on the taxi squad and first in, and Chevy picks up a top 4 rental at the TDL (though quarantine rules will have to be better than they were with PLD or it won't work).

Is it the best move for the Jets right now in terms of pure player skill in the lineup? No. Is it the best for the Jets thinking near - long term? Probably.

In that case, I hope the quarantine lasts until after the TD. :laugh: I hate rentals.
When is the TD this year anyway?

Reactions: Jet

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
-44 , i had no suspension on my vehicle going to work. :confused: :laugh:

I don't know why, but everytime it's bone chilling cold out there, I think of Jets 31, and maybe it's because I spend too much time on here.

Good news -- once this cold snap is over, we likely have winter beat -- that is, the really bad cold snaps --Thank God -- I'm soft now. :cold:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but we could really make some hay in the next 7 games. I am worried somewhat that we are feasting off of the bottom feeders in our division and will have to play a lot of TOR MTL in the second half. However, if it gives us time to get PLD rolling and figure out our lines that could work out really well heading into the postseason.

Look at who TML has played so far. 1 Mtl, 1 Wpg, (both Leafs wins BTW) the rest Ott, Edm, Cgy, Van.

Reactions: Jet

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Copp
Connor-Dubois-Lewis
Vesalainen-Stastny-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Appleton

Lines at practice today

I like this lineup to start, and see how things go ? Not sure about Lewis on the 2nd line, but I guess we'll see how it works out. Wheeler on the 3rd line is good with me.

I definitely believe they should always play Dubois at center, and not on wing, as some have suggested.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Poolman in, BooBoo out. Still no Heinola while Stanley plays every game.

I do believe that contact status plays such a huge role.
Stanley is subject to waivers next year and management really needed to see what he has become.
By most accounts he outperformed expectations (not saying that much since he had basically been written off by many).

We are also tiny on our back so his size is pretty appealing.

Now if the big man could take Beaulieu's spot on the PK then maybe that is how we convince Maurice to plug Heinola in.

Outside of that I think we need a few injuries to get Heinola and Samberg on the ice. There's been a few seasons where we've had 3 or 4 D out at the same time so it is possible. Careful what you wish for.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Coach availability:

Topics:

1. Four days between games, did it come at a good time and preparing for a condensed schedule.
2. His thoughts on the challenge in Columbus and the way it was handled.
3. Defending against modern defencemen.
4. What is the key to getting these forward lines enough ice?
5. Does he need to do anything to help Pierre-Luc Dubois get past the situation in Columbus?
6. What does he hope to see from Kyle Connor and Pierre-Luc Dubois?
7. When was the last time he has had this kind of four-line depth and was there any difficulty in shaving minutes down?
8. Anything stick out from the Flames last game vs Edmonton over the weekend vs their games with Calgary?

Maurice basically telling everyone not to get too attached to these lines and some point they'll likely load up 3 lines and run with them. Fans should adjust expectations accordingly.

I really don't want to see our 1B Center shackled to Lewis for too long.

Reactions: GNP and jokesondee

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Our second line is going to be Connor-Dubois-Wheeler as soon as Wheels works thru whatever’s ailing him

Third will likely be stats- Lowry-apples with Perrault as the odd man out

again I think mattyp is playing better than stats and Wheeler right now but he is who he is and his role is to get demoted

Reactions: hn777 and Keystone

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Windchill.
Very misleading to prairie people because we are adapted to always having wind. So what your mind equates to the way -25 feels IS with the windchill. :laugh:
I'm old enough to remember when it was measured in 1400/1600/1800/2000/2200, etc

I'd check the shaw (videon?) all-text weather chanel before going skating at the community club

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maurice basically telling everyone not to get too attached to these lines and some point they'll likely load up 3 lines and run with them. Fans should adjust expectations accordingly.

I really don't want to see our 1B Center shackled to Lewis for too long.

Yea Paul made it clear we should temper expectations until things could get back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad