Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Flames • Tue, Feb 9 @ 9:00 pm CT • TSN3 & SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I do believe that contact status plays such a huge role.
Stanley is subject to waivers next year and management really needed to see what he has become.
By most accounts he outperformed expectations (not saying that much since he had basically been written off by many).

We are also tiny on our back so his size is pretty appealing.

Now if the big man could take Beaulieu's spot on the PK then maybe that is how we convince Maurice to plug Heinola in.

Outside of that I think we need a few injuries to get Heinola and Samberg on the ice. There's been a few seasons where we've had 3 or 4 D out at the same time so it is possible. Careful what you wish for.

Heinola should be rotating in & out with Stanley, depending on opponent, at least until he gets close to his 9 game limit. Samberg should also join that rotation soon. Take advantage of the taxi squad.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So, they have played everyone so far.....?

Yes, but 1 game against the 2 teams probably most competitive and 2 or 3 against all of the others. Now 11 games against the weaker teams, 2 against the stronger ones.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm old enough to remember when it was measured in 1400/1600/1800/2000/2200, etc

I'd check the shaw (videon?) all-text weather chanel before going skating at the community club

:laugh: Watts per square metre, IIRC. I'm old enough to remember when it was in Fahrenheit and I think the weatherman just licked his finger and stuck it out the window. :laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Who would have thought Laine would be benched and Roslovic would be the toast of the town, centering the first line.
Another goal tonight.

Hey Turtle -- maybe you were right about Roslovic all along, he seems to be playing real well, and already scored 2 goals, and playing 1st line center. I would not be surprised if he turns out to be the better player than Laine, when all is said and done.

Tortorella must think so -- Laines time on ice vs the Canes

1st period ---- 7:07 minutes

2nd period --- 4:07 minutes

3rd period --- 0:00 minutes ( benched)

Torts must be thinking to himself -- man did we get hosed on that trade. Laine is an awkward skater, who always turns over the puck, and that will not go over well with Torts. He's in for a "long season."

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA

Hey Turtle -- maybe you were right about Roslovic all along, he seems to be playing real well, and already scored 2 goals, and playing 1st line center. I would not be surprised if he turns out to be the better player than Laine, when all is said and done.

Tortorella must think so -- Laines time on ice vs the Canes

1st period ---- 7:07 minutes

2nd period --- 4:07 minutes

3rd period --- 0:00 minutes ( benched)

Torts must be thinking to himself -- man did we get hosed on that trade. Laine is an awkward skater, who always turns over the puck, and that will not go over well with Torts. He's in for a "long season."
Maybe in his eyes it was PLD for Roslo and the 3rd was for Laine:D

Reactions: GNP

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Out the door at 6 am...

12 hours total driving... time for visiting a few of My clients...

Then maybe I will bask in the warmth of the sunlight out west.... through the windshield of My truck...

As the white... bone chilling landscape... basks back at Me...

Will be home for the game tonight though... :thumbu:

a273ed9c-06d8-46ad-8273-6eb8a77bfcaa.gif

My Mother said I looked like Jack Nicholson...

I guess the above picture is of Me as a frozen solid psycho... which is about right for this time of year.... :laugh:

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Coach availability:

Topics:

1. Four days between games, did it come at a good time and preparing for a condensed schedule.
2. His thoughts on the challenge in Columbus and the way it was handled.
3. Defending against modern defencemen.
4. What is the key to getting these forward lines enough ice?
5. Does he need to do anything to help Pierre-Luc Dubois get past the situation in Columbus?
6. What does he hope to see from Kyle Connor and Pierre-Luc Dubois?
7. When was the last time he has had this kind of four-line depth and was there any difficulty in shaving minutes down?
8. Anything stick out from the Flames last game vs Edmonton over the weekend vs their games with Calgary?

Sometimes when Maurice talks about Kyle Connor I actually thinks he is talking about Ehlers :laugh:

Reactions: Mud Turtle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad