Post-Game Talk: Jets Dismount Knights 5-1, Lead Series 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Good game, good effort, great result.

Just some thoughts

- IMO we have not seen the best of Vegas yet.
- The upside for the Jets is Vegas can't rely on their goaltending. Go to the net , get your shots thru, we will get the goals.
- Barron is lucky as hell with that cut he took.
- Still need Ehlers back
- We didn't need Helly to steal a game... still a solid effort in the net.
- Holding a team like Vegas to 17 shots, amazing.
- He will get better, but after the first shift it looked like Stone was going to die out there. Got to stay physical with him.
- It's just 1 game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Excellent opening game. They play like that and they are fully capable of beating anyone in the west. Only thing that needs work is the pp.

Helle was great when called upon but we kept things pretty light for him.

JoMo/DeMelo were very good in their end but I think JoMo can bring more offense.

Dillion/Pionk The one pairing I thought was just ok tonight. Both can pick it up imo.

Snerg/Schmidt had a strong night

Top line was excellent and Dubois was a force. That's the player I think management envisioned when they traded for him.

Second line got better as the night went on. Wheeler wasn't very visible but picked up his points on some heady plays anyhow. Nino grew into the game and Name was just steady.

Third line did a good job suppressing the knights when on.

Fourth line was good as well.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The Jets are Canadas’ only real chance to win the cup. F-ck Vegas.
A4A660DC-7319-4F64-986A-34FB2103F15B.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That was the entire point. We know the Jets can play if they play up to their potential. They weren't. I'm not going to invest my heart in the team if they aren't going to respect our time. Play like you want it.
Sorry I'm not wired to consider if I am or if I'm not going to invest my heart in my team or not. I just do. Must be convenient to do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad