Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With only 6 games left in what may be the last of Edler's career, Green isn't going to sit him out unless he's injured.

The 100 goal stat is an important point, too, but I think it's the respect for a longtime Canuck veteran that's more in play here.

And again, I can get onboard with and respect that. But if that's the plan, give him a crack with the 1st unit PP or something. He's not on either power play, but gets run out there and shelled at repeatedly on all the PKs.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
And again, I can get onboard with and respect that. But if that's the plan, give him a crack with the 1st unit PP or something. He's not on either power play, but gets run out there and shelled at repeatedly on all the PKs.
Agreed. The problem is they rely on Eddie for pk duties, so I guess they have to strike a balance with his TOI, especially with this post-Covid horror of a schedule. I really hope he pots that 100th goal.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yeah but I thought Holtby was supposed to be "1B" not a "backup".

I think Holtby was/is a clear insurance policy. The hope was always going to be that Demko could step up and take the reins of the starting goalie (which he has). If he stumbled, needed more time, or proved a flash in the pan, Holtby was the insurance policy to shoulder some games in that eventuality.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
First try boys

Attachments

• 5186026F-6AA7-4401-A9B4-843F72C4159F.jpeg
    5186026F-6AA7-4401-A9B4-843F72C4159F.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 5

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Agreed. The problem is they rely on Eddie for pk duties, so I guess they have to strike a balance with his TOI, especially with this post-Covid horror of a schedule. I really hope he pots that 100th goal.
9 heh....McTavish Ceulemans Lambos or Lysell?

I love both Lambos and Ceulemans but we better start thinking about adding a quality young play driving C. If McTavish could be that guy then maybe it's time.

Watching a ton of footage on Lambos recently and he's rocketing up for me and Ceulemans looks like a top 4 stud also.

Inside the top10 should get us a solid prospect

Last edited:

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I think Holtby was/is a clear insurance policy. The hope was always going to be that Demko could step up and take the reins of the starting goalie (which he has). If he stumbled, needed more time, or proved a flash in the pan, Holtby was the insurance policy to shoulder some games in that eventuality.

Now the hope is that Seatlle takes him to relieve us of 4+ million for a back up on a cap strapped team.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
For what it's worth, I wouldn't put it past Seattle to see Holtby's last 7 games where he's performed at a .908 and think he can continue that form for a year as a "mentor" like Fleury did for VGK.

There wasn't a chance they took him before April. He's been good since March 20th.

Still wishful to think they'll take him.

Reactions: Get North

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
But we get to watch Highmore in the top 6! And Vesey and Mahaelis or whatever his name is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad