Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-0

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
No more excuses please of new guys in and out. Every team has the same issues every year. We are outplayed every game. Even the games we win.
I was 'walking on ice' with the exact same thought process as you.. haha
..and this team (with JB Gump) is going under...
Enough is Enough

Reactions: David71

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Playoffs? Does it really matter? If the Canucks ever came up against this Jets team in a playoff series, they wouldn't win a best-of-20.

Another loss on Wednesday night, then a week off....by the time they get back on the ice, the playoffs will be a distant memory. It would actually be good if the Canucks were firmly out of it during the last month. Then the sell-off can begin.

If Bo Horvat is gone for awhile, they might as well fold their tents. On a positive note, Demko did what he could. Made three ridiculous stops in the first period alone.

I don't know if Edler is playing hurt, but he had a nightmarish night. Caught flat-footed on the first goal; got completely turn-styled by Ehlers and bailed out by a miraculous save by Demko. And of course fells Horvat with a shot from the point. Canucks will be hard-pressed to bring him back unless it's a lowball deal.

I was actually impressed with the play of Vesey....he might be a guy you'd consider bringing back if they can get him on an affordable contract.

Remember when we were out of playoff contention 6/7 years and Benning sold off all those pending UFAs for prospects and picks?

Me neither.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Remember when we were out of playoff contention 6/7 years and Benning sold off all those pending UFAs for prospects and picks?

Me neither.
It's easy to deduce why an incompetent, single-digit IQ idiot is still GM:

Because he is a 'yes' man to an incompetent, meddling Aqua-boy owner - who thinks he's hockey smart and wise - because of his bank account.

We need to demand better..

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Me neither.

Canucks can't sign value contracts.

Canucks can't build a line up.

Canucks can't attract a good coach.

Canuck assets underperform.

Canucks assets depreciate in value.

Canucks assets leave for free or Canucks have to pay to get rid of depreciated assets.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Hughes and Tanev were good together, because they both got to the puck 1st , passed ONCE quickly to the other, then FORWARD UP THE ICE!

They didn't make 2-4 passes between each other behind the net, allowing 1 forechecker to pressure them into mistakes. Every pairing now, like they can't make a breakout without 5 minutes to decide. Just backwards passes to the backhand, fumbling in the corner, into the skates. Where the hell are the forwards? Nowhere to bee seen, and I have a big TV.

Serious X's n O's issues. Moov pux muv feet!

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Bizarre that Maurice doesn't play him more.

It is not bizzare at all. Ehlers greatest strength is playing great hockey at speed. Take his speed away and he is just not as dominate. The Jets have found that Ehlers is at his best on average throughout a game if he plays 18 mins or less. If he plays more then 18 mins he tires out and his league high speed is less of a factor and his dominate play suffers because of it. The Jets have found Ehler's sweet spot and it is at around 18 mins or less per game.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not a good game from pretty much every canuck. Just never seemed like the Jets were going to be in danger in this one. Oh there were 4 posts or something but 3 of them were hit in garbage time (after it was 3-0). I suspect the Jets stop sitting back if the Canucks grab a late goal or two.

I’m assuming Green actually did the math and that was why he was trying to pull the goaltender at 3-0. He had to.

Reactions: mossey3535

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Probably would have been the NHL leader in goals had he not retired at 29!

I feel a little like someone raining on people's feelings about a a Hollywood movie, but didn't Bossy retire at the age of 31 in the fall of 1988, having just sat out the 1987-88 season with a bad back?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan

Glad Bo gets the respect he deserves and good on Lowry

I tip my hat to the Jets for that. It was awesome to see such great sportsmanship. A feel good moment from a horrible situation.
Then you watch Rasmus Andersson try to steal the game puck from Gustafssons's first NHL win :thumbd:

likash

Apr 17, 2019
And to think we have a certain poster here hating on Bo.

I don't understand how am i trolling by calling him out? I already got banned for 1 month for things i would never consider flaming/trolling . It seems to me he mods are lenient with some posters here who cleary do masked trolling and shilling. At least allow us to call them out and embarass them.

How is this guy getting away with trashing the canucks captain? He has no resonable argmunet for doing it. It's not like Bo is playing bad or not putting on the effort every game.

It pains me to say it, but on /r canucks you have much more freedom to trash trolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckylarry

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Let's not exagerate things. We have a younger core than in 2008. I'd say even more talented outside Sedins and Luongo. We just need a Gm with the right vison to take us to the next level. I don't know if we have a prime Sedins player. Just because Petey put better numbers at a young age does not mean he could ever score 100+ points. The hardest things to do are: built the defence and surround the core with good players that can go up and down the lineup.
We must clean house this offseason and hire smart people.

Last edited:
Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad