Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-0

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
It's easy to deduce why an incompetent, single-digit IQ idiot is still GM:

Because he is a 'yes' man to an incompetent, meddling Aqua-boy owner - who thinks he's hockey smart and wise - because of his bank account.

We need to demand better..

We also need to quit blaming the messenger. FAQ is the REAL problem with this team; firing everybody will only mean that we get a whole new batch of yes-men running things...

Reactions: Ozone

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
And to think we have a certain poster here hating on Bo.

I don't understand how am i trolling by calling him out? I already got banned for 1 month for things i would never consider flaming/trolling . It seems to me he mods are lenient with some posters here who cleary do masked trolling and shilling. At least allow us to call them out and embarass them.

How is this guy getting away with trashing the canucks captain? He has no resonable argmunet for doing it. It's not like Bo is playing bad or not putting on the effort every game.

It pains me to say it, but on /r canucks you have much more freedom to trash trolls.

Reeeeeeally

I must visit.

Reactions: vanuck

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Not a good game from pretty much every canuck. Just never seemed like the Jets were going to be in danger in this one. Oh there were 4 posts or something but 3 of them were hit in garbage time (after it was 3-0). I suspect the Jets stop sitting back if the Canucks grab a late goal or two.

I’m assuming Green actually did the math and that was why he was trying to pull the goaltender at 3-0. He had to.

A lot of those posts were low percentage wing-it-at-the-net-and-pray shots.

The Jets team engaged playoff mode and the Canucks responded by shitting their diapers.

Reactions: tantalum

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
I almost never post in another team’s GDT. Hopefully you guys are OK with this. The reaction here to Lowry/Copp trying to help out Horvat is great to see. Sometimes things can happen that are in some ways bigger than the game. Sounds like Horvat could be back very soon. Hope so. See you Wednesday

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I almost never post in another team’s GDT. Hopefully you guys are OK with this. The reaction here to Lowry/Copp trying to help out Horvat is great to see. Sometimes things can happen that are in some ways bigger than the game. Sounds like Horvat could be back very soon. Hope so. See you Wednesday
Man Lowry is such a good kid. I remember what a beast his dad was for the Panthers. Apple has landed very close to the tree. Jets fans always have my respect.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hawyrluk, Boyd, and Graovac are a better group of players to have.

Do you know why? (Outside of the fact Hawyrluk and Boyd are better than Beagle and Roussel)

Because they all make league minimum and some have two way deals so with the savings vs the $10.5MM those guys cost, you could reallocate the savings to upgrading on Bum Sutter and adding a top six forward or top four D.
The only reason you would keep Hawryluk over Beagle or Roussel is because of caphit. The latter 2 have legitimate roles like penalty killing, face-off duty, hitting. Hawryluk is an average 4th line RW that can't take face-offs or kill penalties. He's not even close to a Dorsett/Motte type of level because he hasn't found a niche in the line-up. We beat Toronto 2x and Montreal when Hawryluk was playing 7-8 mins. He's a good 14th forward, minimum salary sure, but we need 4 real lines and he's not a part of them.

There's a market for players like Beagle/Roussel when signed reasonably for contending teams. Benning didn't sign them when we were making the playoffs or even close to it. They came after Green's 1st season, maybe he wanted them, who knows. They are good 4th line players for contenders, at the very least great press-box players because of their capabilities.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Really? The GM's job is to "manage" his boss? OOoooooh kay then...

Here Zipp, you can start with this.

It's just an article from some obscure publication called the Harvard Business Review.

Oh look, let's see what it says.

Having a healthy, positive relationship with your boss makes your work life much easier — it’s also good for your job satisfaction and your career. But some managers don’t make it easy. Bad bosses are the stuff of legend. And too many managers are overextended, overwhelmed, or downright incompetent — a topic that HBR has covered extensively over the years. Even if your boss has some serious shortcomings, it’s in your best interest, and it’s your responsibility, to make the relationship work.
HBR recently ran a special series on managing up, asking experts to provide their best practical advice for navigating this important dynamic. Together, these pieces provide a good primer on how to maintain an effective, productive working relationship with your own boss.

I found this interesting.

Perhaps you’re dealing with:

//snip

N-UmkxbEDjVYK74SyXIhifJokkq6xLkpWgCxWia4gPhkIxQtd92oqToEpOG6J4zp1ZwyxsIP2tGYlR5UrlszlFvcf912ufx-6CKcsE0cmbMwiap9JykH-I_f_eqTVzGK0g

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Really? The GM's job is to "manage" his boss? OOoooooh kay then...

Managing up is a crucial component of being a competent manager in any organization. Sometimes people are so much better at managing up than down that they are able to stave off termination for as long as possible (Weisbrod fits the bill).

Last edited:
Reactions: I am toxic

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I feel a little like someone raining on people's feelings about a a Hollywood movie, but didn't Bossy retire at the age of 31 in the fall of 1988, having just sat out the 1987-88 season with a bad back?

The back was the biggest effect on his reason to retire, but those of us who loved him ignore the obvious. Probably because every time he took the ice after the back started bothering him, he seemed to find a way to score a goal. We just wanted to see him continue to do such. He was such a pure goal scorer, beautiful to watch.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad