Post-Game Talk: Jets cream Philly 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Slow first period but we really took over after that. Good win.

Helle continues his nice run with another excellent outing. He really kept the team in it early on with some big saves.

JoMo was fantastic, played another real strong all around game. Trouba with a pretty solid outing as well.

Buff and Chariot both had decent games

Myers and Kulikov got off to a rough start but rounded into form as the game went on. Myers with a real strong third period.

Ehlers was flying out there, could have had a few more assists. Scheifele and Wheeler with strong efforts as well.

Little, Laine and Connor had another solid night and contributed on the scoreboard.

Perrault - Lowry - Tanev had a good night and were unlucky not to score more.

4th line had some chances but also got hemmed in their own end as well. A bit of an up and down night for them.

Hopefully Perrault is ok.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Flyers should hire Ron Hextall again and fire him again.

giphy.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
In addition to Jefferoni's 4/5 Rad Jets Guy rating, I'm gonna give this a 5/7 Jets PopcornCat guy rating:yo:
oVGym2M.gif
oVGym2M.gif
oVGym2M.gif
oVGym2M.gif
oVGym2M.gif

I was listening to Martha Psyko's electric violin cover of the Gravity Falls theme while looking at this guy dancing and for some bizarre reason it seems to be a perfect fit.

Expand the picture above, then fire this up and listen. Tell me I'm wrong.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It's kind of odd that Vancouver was able to beat St. Louis 6-1 today yet the Jets couldn't get one goal against the Blues on Friday night. Anyway, it was a good win against the Flyers today. Sure would have been nice to have been on top of the Central if we had gotten a win against St. Louis though. However, it's looking like the Jets are starting to regain their form of last year. Maybe it won't be long before they're on top after all.

:jets

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
KP5PWaR.png

A pretty awfully slow start was saved by Hellebuyck who is coming back into form, and the Jets offense exploded mightily. Not a lot of 5v5 time considering the Flyers got tired and reckless, but of the time allocated, it was balanced nicely (likely because the game was well in hand). I don't have much to say line-by-line again, so I'll pick out some key points.
  • After Lemieux's first good game with the Jets, he's back in usual form. I know it's a small sample size in the NHL, but Petan-Roslovic-Appleton dominated the AHL and really deserve more than 3-4 games of showings. That being said, if Perreault's injury is serious and Copp is still out, he'll get time again. I don't believe Petan would be a good fit with Lowry-Tanev, but I don't think Lemieux would be good there either. Hopefully one of Copp or Perreault are able to play the next game.
  • Byfuglien dominated on the PP but struggled with Chiarot in terms of 5v5. I'll write this up as an off-game but hope to see improvement.
  • Myers is looking good for the third or fourth game in a row and Kulikov looks good with him. Still needs to take less shots but I hope this trend continues, even though it's pretty equal in terms of generating and giving up offense, but it's better than not having any offense generated as he continued to struggle on defense. Maybe he needed the extra ice time when Byfuglien was out to round out his game and get into a groove.
  • Morrissey has leapfrogged everyone as the best defenseman on the Jets. What a player.
    • Trouba's at his best with Morrissey rather than Niku, too.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's kind of odd that Vancouver was able to beat St. Louis 6-1 today yet the Jets couldn't get one goal against the Blues on Friday night. Anyway, it was a good win against the Flyers today. Sure would have been nice to have been on top of the Central if we had gotten a win against St. Louis though. However, it's looking like the Jets are starting to regain their form of last year. Maybe it won't be long before they're on top after all.

:jets
Sometimes they don't go in no matter how well you play and other times the flood gates open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad