Jets Conn Smythe Candidate Poll (rd1)

Who is the Jets Playoff MVP so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Buff ... said it a couple of weeks before the playoffs, this guy can dominate a series.
Scheif ... Very close behind.
Helle ... Would be number one if not for the one horrible game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Voting for Helle for now. Had Morrissey not gotten suspended he would have been right there with him.

Chef and Buff also had excellent series. I am happy for Chef as he had a rough ride his first time out against the Ducks. Unsurprisingly he learned a lot from it.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Buff's impact that series cannot be understated. Dominated physically, dominated offensively and carried Joe Morrow to the point he looks like a decent NHL d-man.
Morrow is a decent NHLer. Buff was great. Doesn't mean you need to shit on another player. So far buff is my MVP. But if they are going all the way Helly needs to be the MVP but goalies rarely get the smythe.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Helle played unreal but the Jets walk away with that series with average goaltending. Jets were significantly better than the opponent so the goalie won’t get my vote this round, even though he played lights out.

Going with Scheif. Big goals at important times. Big driver of the play and winning a ton of battles every game. He tilted the ice.

Toreko

Apr 3, 2018
Connor Hellebuyck

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/g.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/image.png

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Connor Hellebuyck and it's not even close. He's been bigger than the whole team when it comes to winning, I'm so happy that we picked him up out of nowhere. The scouts who found him should never have to buy a beer in Winnipeg ever again.

But playerwise I'd say Scheifele.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Gotta go with Buff because at first I didn't understand his game, and worth, at all. Now I have massive respect for his game. It looks so good when he is not in the box half the time.

Helle would be the other candidate, but the D has been fantastic, he has not had to face that many shots, and he had one bad game.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I voted Buff he’s been a monster and a game changer.

Hellebuyck a close second. But while he’s been really good he hasn’t stolen any games or kept us in when we had no reason being in. The one bad game for the team in front was a bad game for him too. Again he’s been really excellent I’m not trashing him at all, but Buff has the edge IMO.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I voted Buff he’s been a monster and a game changer.

Hellebuyck a close second. But while he’s been really good he hasn’t stolen any games or kept us in when we had no reason being in. The one bad game for the team in front was a bad game for him too. Again he’s been really excellent I’m not trashing him at all, but Buff has the edge IMO.
Jets were pretty bad last game second period and Helle had to stop breakaway and point blank chances.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Morrow is a decent NHLer. Buff was great. Doesn't mean you need to **** on another player. So far buff is my MVP. But if they are going all the way Helly needs to be the MVP but goalies rarely get the smythe.

Not taking anything away from Morrow but he had not produced great results for his past teams and now playing with Buff he suddenly looks good. Same thing happened to Chiarot as well. Buff elevates his D partners to great levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad