Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Mullets? WTF is with that? No comprendo.....

Anyway, Jets >>>>>>>>Desert Mutts

f*** Arizona

f*** the Yotes
Arizona State’s new sports facility will officially be named Mullett Arena in recognition of longtime donors Donald "Donze" and Barbara Mullett.

“Don and Barbara were part of those original calls, part of those original folks who said, if you can deliver what you think the university can deliver, then we can talk," ASU Vice President for University Athletics Ray Anderson said on Tuesday in announcing the name of the new building.

Thanks to: Arizona State's new sports facility gets its name: Mullett Arena

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Glad we won.

But what's a bigger L is how loud the Jets fans were. Never heard such a loud away True North like that one. Like, do the Coyotes actually still have a goal horn?

Reactions: Guardian17

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Felt like a trap game. Jets started off slow again.

Perfetti makes the big response, keeps the team alive.

Scheifele is going to be fun if he only scores goals this year, but he is pacing for 60 of them.

I thought the changes to the top 6 came at the right time. I didn't think Wheeler did much all game but that was good wheels for the GWG.

Connor looks better with Dubois out there, maybe when Ehlers gets healthy you see 81-80-91 reunited because Connor needs to get hot.

Decent game from Samberg, strong on the PK, PP on the other hand, needs fine tuning.

It's been a struggle but getting 10 points in October is a good start. Don't look now but the Jets are 2nd in the Central, 1 point out of first.
We gots more points than the center of the hockey universe in Toronna.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I hope we keep Scheif and Perfetti together and see what happens. Seems to me it's just a match. They cover for each other in terms of center duties and in the ozone they both have brilliant instincts that will play off each other, except one leans playmaker and the other shooter.

Likewise Connor and Dubois seems like a match. Connor benefits from all the soft ice that Dubois opens up with his physicality and both play more fast and direct. Dubois seems to galvanize Connor where Scheif seems to draw him into a slower style that sees them shepherded out to the perimeter more often.

Classic16

Sep 4, 2016
As long as the team is picking up points the roster will stay status quo except for Ehlers coming in and maybe swapping out Samberg with Stanley or maybe not. Who comes out for Ehlers though?
Stanley's day to day. He'd be playing if he could.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We need to get Perfetti out there on PP1.

Yes we do. This isn't meant as a critique of Scheifele who is playing very well but it is night and day different how he and Cole look on the HB. Mark is still just too static and doesn't break the defense down. Cole is always moving and changing the angle of his attack and that opens up lanes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I’ve said it before, but Perfetti has some Pavel Datsyuk in him. I love that an offensive forward has that killer instinct to try and strip the puck. I think Cole did that twice last night.
Yup Perfetti is a very smart hockey player, always seems to anticipate what a player is going to do . It's very early in his career but man i think we got a good one. :nod:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Rittich isn't caught pulling his pud on that faceoff set play, we look a whole lot better.

Bombers and Jets both win, and you bet on both of them to win?

Bombers and Jets both win, and you bet on both of them to win?

Yeah I thought it was a weak one on his part but he was a wall after.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I was more thinking Gretzky lite 😉

Lemieux lite? Yzerman lite?

I always figured him as Gilmouresque, on the ice anyway, although he hasn't actually tried to take anyone's head off yet. Similar combo of preternatural vision, puck skills and a heart that's two sizes two large.

He's developing into exactly the player many hoped for post-draft. Having watched him and Heinola work their PP magic someday should be a treat. Would be interesting him have a trial with 55 and 27, and agree that Dubois is a matter match for KC.

Couldn't stay up for that one, but glad to see them pull out a win. Next, Vegas!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I hope we keep Scheif and Perfetti together and see what happens. Seems to me it's just a match. They cover for each other in terms of center duties and in the ozone they both have brilliant instincts that will play off each other, except one leans playmaker and the other shooter.

Likewise Connor and Dubois seems like a match. Connor benefits from all the soft ice that Dubois opens up with his physicality and both play more fast and direct. Dubois seems to galvanize Connor where Scheif seems to draw him into a slower style that sees them shepherded out to the perimeter more often.
Yeah -- but on that goal he was pumping past pretty much everyone else. He don't look so pretty much he gets where he needs to be, usually before he needs to be there.

Yeah his posture is awkward looking but his speed and quickness is actually pretty good now.

I also agree about keeping him with Mark. The two approach offense in a similar way and imo will click better. I would throw Fly on that line when he's back ad his speed will open space for them to exploit. Conner plays much better with Dubois.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Yeah his posture is awkward looking but his speed and quickness is actually pretty good now.

I also agree about keeping him with Mark. The two approach offense in a similar way and imo will click better. I would throw Fly on that line when he's back ad his speed will open space for them to exploit. Conner plays much better with Dubois.

47 goals playing with Dubois? Better change it up this season.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 10.09.06 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad