Post-Game Talk: Jets Christen Mullet Arena, win in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Finished watching the game this morning on PVR. Wasn't expecting us to win, but I'll take it.

7ZIjFr.gif

Now we're off to Las Vegas for revenge.

5bb0d0b2-9c1c-4c09-aef2-8d307462e458_text.gif

[insert obligatory F*** Vegas! here]

6ysnz1.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Felt like a trap game. Jets started off slow again.

Perfetti makes the big response, keeps the team alive.

Scheifele is going to be fun if he only scores goals this year, but he is pacing for 60 of them.

I thought the changes to the top 6 came at the right time. I didn't think Wheeler did much all game but that was good wheels for the GWG.

Connor looks better with Dubois out there, maybe when Ehlers gets healthy you see 81-80-91 reunited because Connor needs to get hot.

Decent game from Samberg, strong on the PK, PP on the other hand, needs fine tuning.

It's been a struggle but getting 10 points in October is a good start. Don't look now but the Jets are 2nd in the Central, 1 point out of first.

I'm hoping to see 91-55-27 and 81-80-26 when Ehlers gets back. You might hope for something else where Wheeler isn't in the top 6, but I just don't think there is any chance of that right now.

Or are you hoping to see 81-80-91 and then Ehlers with Scheif and Wheeler? I prefer Ehlers on his off-side over Perfetti on his off-side.

Nice to have a quick 4th line with some freshness that plays in the third.

Really makes for a more enjoyable game.

Ice seemed funny in a few places. Pucks bouncing and lousy passing.

:laugh: Yeah, that's it. Lets blame Jets lousy passing on the ice. :sarcasm:

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ok so I've caught up now. I didn't think we had that bad of a start. They got a break on their first goal and then scored on well executed faceoff set play. We responded immediately and then chiseled away at their trap and wore them down the rest of the night. I thought it was a good effort and solid execution by the team.

Our PK looks like it's trending in the right direction but our Pp is still not doing enough. The problem to me is that there is no true QB on the first unit so you aren't getting the quick puck movement that breaks down the other teams. Still our shooting talent on unit one still created some real good chances. Second unit has the opposit issue, they have Perfetti and Gagner that can move the puck but there are no lethal shooters that they can get the puck to. That means teams can cheat to them and take away more of their options.

Perfetti with a terrific all around game. He is trending towards being the most balanced offensive talent we've drafted and developed.

Mark is back. He's hungry again and playing hard all around the ice. I'm glad to see it.

Dubois played another solid game and could have had a fee points.

Wheeler has been solid and essentially doing what he's done the last number of years put himself in good potions to chisel points. Not a driver but we need guys that can get points with our forward depth today.

Conner had a number of great looks yet again. He keeps getting them they will start to drop.

I really liked Morrissey's game tonight. Pionk also has a good night.

Samberg was much more assertive and was decisive. I also liked the snarl. That pairing had a solid night.

Dillion, Schmidt and the bottom 6 had solid but unspectacular games with is fine.

Glad Big Save Dave had a nice game and got his first win.

Can't agree about the start. Jets didn't get their 2nd SOG until halfway through the first period. Looked exactly like the 1st against the Kings, who are obviously a much better team than the Yotes. Couldn't give a pass, take a pass or carry the puck. Turnover machine again. Turned it around very well though after the 1st.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can't agree about the start. Jets didn't get their 2nd SOG until halfway through the first period. Looked exactly like the 1st against the Kings, who are obviously a much better team than the Yotes. Couldn't give a pass, take a pass or carry the puck. Turnover machine again. Turned it around very well though after the 1st.

Unlike that game they weren't running around like chickens with their heads cut off in their end giving up 5 alarm chance after 5 alarm chance. They were pretty good structurly amd where able to take control.once they got their legs going.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was more thinking Gretzky lite 😉

On that play, yes. More generally, not so much, not as elusive. But that play showed a potential, just to get where he did with the puck. Would he have been able to do that against a better team? I hope so. :D

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
He has better defensive skills than any of the regulars in the top 6 right now. That's not saying a ton though.
Agree, but it’s good to see him develop those parts of his game apace — not cheating for offence, making smart reads, disrupting.

If he can keep this up while chipping in with goals and creating as he does we will finally have our snack-sized all situations forward, still capable of filling out those highlight reels.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
not even close....

I'll stick by that statement. They started to improve before the period ended, so it was not quite as bad. But the first 10 minutes looked identical. And even the rest of that 1st period they were turning the puck over at a ridiculous rate.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Unlike that game they weren't running around like chickens with their heads cut off in their end giving up 5 alarm chance after 5 alarm chance. They were pretty good structurly amd where able to take control.once they got their legs going.

Consider the opponent.

They gave up a few 5 alarm chances. It seemed like every pass attempt was a loss of possession. Awful. They certainly did turn it around though. IIRC shots were 10-2 for Ari when the Jets finally got their 2nd shot. So they outshot the Yotes 33-11 the rest of the way.

Not knocking the Jets overall for that game. But the start was excruciating to watch. Especially 1 day after the LAK game.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Attendance reported to be 4600 last night, I wonder how much in the hole the Coyotes will be in after this year

I wonder what actual ticket prices are compared to the last few years? It is possible that they aren't losing much, if any, more than they were before.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would think they are 50 % higher than in Glendale, but I wonder if they make money off concessions and how much do they pay in rent. Not being able to fill such a small venue is a back eye for the team and NHL.

Oh no doubt about that. It is a laughing stock.

But even concession prices might be higher.

I know that a few years back Fla was practically giving away tickets and bundling them cheap concession specials as well. I don't have any feel for how much of that Yotes have done in recent years, if any.

The rent is another story. :laugh: Pretty sure that ASU made sure it would actually be paid. So that might be hurting the bottom line.

That is a really awful team they are trying to sell. That can't help. We'll see how the tank works out for them.

Last night the non-student sections were reported at $200+ per ticket.

How many tickets do the students get?

Reactions: bustamente

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Oh no doubt about that. It is a laughing stock.

But even concession prices might be higher.

I know that a few years back Fla was practically giving away tickets and bundling them cheap concession specials as well. I don't have any feel for how much of that Yotes have done in recent years, if any.

The rent is another story. :laugh: Pretty sure that ASU made sure it would actually be paid. So that might be hurting the bottom line.

That is a really awful team they are trying to sell. That can't help. We'll see how the tank works out for them.

How many tickets do the students get?

Interesting question

How many would that Arizona nobody's team draw in Houston or Kansas City?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm hoping to see 91-55-27 and 81-80-26 when Ehlers gets back. You might hope for something else where Wheeler isn't in the top 6, but I just don't think there is any chance of that right now.

Or are you hoping to see 81-80-91 and then Ehlers with Scheif and Wheeler? I prefer Ehlers on his off-side over Perfetti on his off-side.

:laugh: Yeah, that's it. Lets blame Jets lousy passing on the ice. :sarcasm:
I just think the Jets are going to keep Dubois with Perfetti. There was the game where I forget who the player was cross checked Perfetti in the back, and there was an instant response from Dubois. Scheifele won't respond that way, and I still think teams are going to take runs at Perfetti, moreso if he keeps making plays. Wheeler is the leading scorer among forwards so it's hard to conceive of demoting him. So yes the lines you posted are the ones I'd like to see. I'm thinking Perfetti is hot, he might just get Connor going too. I'm not big on 26-55 though, might become an adventure defensively, but who knows...This team is finding ways to win without it's two best wingers producing (one because of injury), that's something I think would have been inconceivable to start the year.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Interesting question

How many would that Arizona nobody's team draw in Houston or Kansas City?

Yes, interesting thought.
That would depend on circumstances. If they just arrived in town they would get the honeymoon phase, expectations would be low. If they had been struggling for 20 years just to get to where that team is, might draw flies.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad