GDT: Jets @ Blues • 2:00 pm CT • CBC & Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm putting up this quickie GDT since the game is a matinee game and no one signed up to do a GDT for it...

banner.png

Here are the game notes if anyone's interested... CLICK

Now c'mon Jets... LET'S DO THIS!!! :yo:

st-louis-voodoo-gif.492418

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Sin of self-loathing possesseth all Jets’ eye
And all their soul and all their every part;
Even the play of the mighty Helleye,
And so it grinds inward at my heart.
Methinks no face so gracious is as false hope,
But thine finish is lacking, the truth of this account;
And but for the second line; our players be-doped**,
As they all other in all worths surmount.
But when thine mirror shows our D indeed,
Beated and chopp'd with tann'd antiquity,
Mine own love for these dudes quite contrary I read;
Jets, please go hard so the love refresh’d its bounty.
'Tis thee, Jets, to give effort for thyself you must raise,
Stripping away the dull, with good hidden game these days.

** To be fair, our D's main engines are and have been heavily damaged or otherwise compromised.

Last edited:

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
Thanks for the GDT @jefferoni !

Well, Jets it doesn't look good for the playoffs.

Despite your lack of defense and an identity, you're still my team!

So, I'm going to watch this afternoon.

I'd just like to see you guys give an effort even if the results aren't there.

I like your attitude.

Yes, it doesn't look like we'll make the playoffs, but the Jets are still my team. For at least two more years. Probably.

So I would watch this afternoon but I was guilted into attending a wedding shower at 3 pm. I'll put the game on the PVR and I'll probably watch it rápidamente before I go out tonight.

Given my absence, the team will probably show a remarkable return from the grave and beat the Blues. Well, a girl can dream.....

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
It's hard to have faith after their recent performances, but even though their current odds are low, they aren't completely out of it (but they have to play to their potential the rest of the year)... That means earning 7 points every 5 games. That's playing up to Minnesota's level (and Toronto or even Pittsburgh) - top 7 in the league. I don't think they can without Ehlers and a healthy D core, average Helle, and/or better coaching (players on the same page actually playing with purpose). And this year is one where there is a chance of higher point threshold due a high quality Central division.

In the P% sorted chart below you can see that right now Anaheim is in the WC2 spot. There are a LOT of teams above us (and Vancouver just out of sight below us).

Screenshot_20220129-093515_Brave.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Atleast there is something to look forward to in this game with so many of the Jets young D playing. If they are gonna keep losing, I'd rather they run Heinola/Samberg/Chisholm/Kovacevic and see what we have and plan appropriately for next season instead of Beaulieu redux who isn't even gonna be on the roster next season.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Atleast there is something to look forward to in this game with so many of the Jets young D playing. If they are gonna keep losing, I'd rather they run Heinola/Samberg/Chisholm/Kovacevic and see what we have and plan appropriately for next season instead of Beaulieu redux who isn't even gonna be on the roster next season.
I always feel the same way. If we’re going to suck for whatever reason, I’d rather watch the young guys develop than lose with guys who never going to be anything more.

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020

I believe the counter-argument to running the four rookies is that you risk ruining the four rookies.

Something about PTSD, puck-shock, and a lifetime of quiet counselling in a softly lit room with neutral colors.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I believe the counter-argument to running the four rookies is that you risk ruining the four rookies.

Something about PTSD, puck-shock, and a lifetime of quiet counselling in a softly lit room with neutral colors.

Yep -- although the Jets lose so gently and tepidly that the risk of real PTSD is pretty handily mitigated. They're the Jell-O pudding of tank teams. Soft, bland, and you can't quite remember the flavour without looking at the front of the box.

Thanks @jefferoni for the timely GDT!

On that note, Allez les Jerts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad