Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
cut.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW FULL GAME NOTES

CLICK TO WATCH NEW JOSH MORRISSEY INTERVIEW

The Winnipeg Jets begin their final road trip of the regular season tonight when they meet the Chicago Blackhawks at United Center...The Jets are coming off a 1-3 record during four-game homestand, which ended with a 3-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday night...Winnipeg continues the road trip tomorrow against the Minnesota Wild.

Playoff Bound
The Jets have clinched their spot in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs...It's the first time in franchise history that the Jets have reached the playoffs in back-to-back seasons...If the playoffs started today, the Jets would host the Dallas Stars, who hold the Western Conference's first wild card spot, in the first round of the playoffs.

Back-2-Back
Tomorrow and tomorrow marks the last of nine back-to-back sets the Jets have this season...Winnipeg is an even 5-3-0 in the first game and 5-3-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season...Last season, the Jets went 4-3-2 in the first game of nine back-to-backs and 4-4-1 in the second game.

On the Road
Winnipeg is 20-17-0 on the road this season, which has tied a franchise record for most wins in a season from the 2014-15 and 2018-19 seasons...The Jets have won two of their past three road games...Winnipeg hasn't lost three consecutive road games in regulation since Dec. 10-20/16...Winnipeg is 13-for-14 (92.9%) on the penalty kill in its past five road games...The Jets have scored 29 goals in their past nine road games...Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring on the road this season with 38 points (10G, 28A) in 37 games...Patrik Laine leads the Jets with 19 goals on the road.

Central Foes
The Jets are 12-11-0 against Central Division teams this season...Winnipeg is 3-6 in their past nine games against Central Division teams and all three wins have come against Nashville (Jan. 17 at NSH 5-1 W, Mar. 1 vs. NSH 5-3 W, and Mar. 23 vs. NSH 5-0 W)...The last time the Jets beat a Central Division opponent that isn't Nashville was Jan. 8 when they beat the Colorado Avalanche 7-4 at Bell MTS Place...Since the start of the 2016-17 season, the Jets are 46-28-4 against Central Division teams, which is second in the NHL...In that same time frame, Blake Wheeler leads all NHLers in scoring against the Central Division with 97 points (28G, 69A) in 78 games, while Mark Scheifele is third with 89 points (36G, 53A) in 70 games.

Bring on April
Dating back to Apr. 3/16, the Jets have won 12 consecutive regular season games in April...Eight of the 12 wins have been by one goal, including two in overtime and one in a shootout...The Jets are unbeaten in regulation in their past 20 regular season games in April, going 18-0-2 since Apr. 10/14...Blake Wheeler leads current Jets in career scoring in April with 50 points (22G, 28A) in 54 games, while Mark Scheifele is averaging a point per game with 17 points (6G, 11A) in 17 games.

TheHead

Defence? We don't need no stinking defence!
Mar 15, 2018
Winnipeg
This is the real test! Hopefully we come out strong and play with some desperation. Chicago still has a chance for wildcard so will likely come out desperate as well!

Reactions: Jets 31

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Boy, oh boy, is this pressure time.

But you know what? Pressure makes diamonds.

4 games left. Two non-playoff teams and two bubble teams, the last of which may well be eliminated before the last game.

Very winnable. Even in our current 'check engine light' mode.

Do you believe?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Boy, oh boy, is this pressure time.

But you know what? Pressure makes diamonds.

4 games left. Two non-playoff teams and two bubble teams, the last of which may well be eliminated before the last game.

Very winnable. Even in our current 'check engine light' mode.

Do you believe?

Ya that check engine light could just be a sensor that needs replacing , not a complete rebuild of the motor . :laugh: :crossfing

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I also hope Helly has a easy night and may be able to play tomorrow because i don't have a warm fuzzy feeling with googly eyes in net . :laugh:

Reactions: jefferoni

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Just want to see some urgency tonight. We have looked complacent for half the season minus a couple games here and there.

If we can control possession and look like the team we are capable of looking like, I don't care if we lose.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Onwards and upwards. But this time imma be ready for whatever comes; I’m watching this one plunked (and maybe stinkin drunk) on a barstool. Keep the Shirley Temples coming my good man!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I predict the Jet's will go 2-1-1 in their last 4, and gain 5 points, for a total of 99 points. I don't know if that would be good enough for 1st place ??

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Does anyone know the status of Brossoit ? is he injured, and if yes, how long is he out for ? and what type of injury ?-- thanks :)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I predict the Jet's will go 2-1-1 in their last 4, and gain 5 points, for a total of 99 points. I don't know if that would be good enough for 1st place ??

Depends upon St. Louis. If the Blues run the table they will end up with 100 points. If they lose to Colorado tonight, then the most they can get is 98 points.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad