Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
wc.jpg

(courtesy Damian Echevarrieta)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets been clinging on 1st for a bit now.
Better not #%# ^# #% and lose it with 2 games to go!!!
Go Jets Go.
This team can roll 3 scoring lines.
With

Copp Lowry Tanev anchoring 4th.
But someone is tooo stubborn and not doing it.

Split them up !

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hope Tanev can play . All we have to do is win 2 games in a row , we can do it , or as Rob Schnider would say , YOU CAN DO EET !!:laugh:

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I have an uneasy feeling we are going to get some bad news concerning Tanev.

Reactions: Jets 31
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Time to bring back the energy and intensity of that last Nashville game. Come on boys, flip the switch!! GJG!

Since January 1st:
-Jets are 21-18-2, for 44 points. That's the 20th best record in the NHL & the 9th best in the west. Were that the criteria for the playoffs, the Jets would not be a playoff team.
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.49.25 AM.png

-Jets have bled shots against. 2nd worst in the NHL & the worst in the west.
-worst Corsi in the west
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.47.18 AM.png

Who's responsable for this mess?
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.51.46 AM.png

Placing these numbers up against the rest of the west, the Jets have the 7 players in the top 50, Laine 7th worst overall & the worst forward in the NHL.
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.55.33 AM.png

Shot volume against is atrocious. Last season the Athletic ran a piece about the sheer volume of shots the Jets were allowing.

It was the highest ever in the salary cap era.

With that said, high dangers scoring chances were relatively low as Hellebyuck wasn't giving up 2nd chances. Ates did note that this was totally unsustainable and was rather worried that these underlying numbers were sign of bad things to come.

And here we are.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.47.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.47.18 AM.png
    464.2 KB · Views: 12

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Since January 1st:
-Jets are 21-18-2, for 44 points. That's the 20th best record in the NHL & the 9th best in the west. Were that the criteria for the playoffs, the Jets would not be a playoff team.
View attachment 208327
-Jets have bled shots against. 2nd worst in the NHL & the worst in the west.
-worst Corsi in the west
View attachment 208325
Who's responsable for this mess?View attachment 208329
Placing these numbers up against the rest of the west, the Jets have the 7 players in the top 50, Laine 7th worst overall & the worst forward in the NHL. View attachment 208337
Shot volume against is atrocious. Last season the Athletic ran a piece about the sheer volume of shots the Jets were allowing.

It was the highest ever in the salary cap era.

With that said, high dangers scoring chances were relatively low as Hellebyuck wasn't giving up 2nd chances. Ates did note that this was totally unsustainable and was rather worried that these underlying numbers were sign of bad things to come.

And here we are.
Yet, Ehlers gets demoted to play with stiffs..

Yeah Paul Maurice isn't the problem. He doesn't the opposite of what's correct most of the time. His team sucks. His superstar 20 year old forgot how to play hockey under him. Scheifele has turned into a low effort floater, Wheeler plays on the periphery, Hendricks has played, Petan & Dano left to rot, played us out of the playoffs by playing Pavelec 4 games against Ducks should I go on?

Reactions: Jets4Life

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Jets been clinging on 1st for a bit now.
Better not #%# ^# #% and lose it with 2 games
to go!!!
Go Jets Go.
This team can roll 3 scoring lines.
With

Copp Lowry Tanev anchoring 4th.
But someone is tooo stubborn and not doing it.

Split them up !

Replace 1st with lead and games with minutes.... That would be so diabolically fitting.

I think we are well past the point of flipping a switch. Outcome will depend just how hard Avs want to fight for at least a single to cement their wild card.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets could clinch the division Thursday night (with a win, Nash loss, and a STL loss tonight or tomorrow)!

If it does come down to Saturday, Jets will know the results of the STL game before they play and Nashville will be two hours into their game. Our game against Arizona might be meaningless to the standings by then.

Reactions: Stumbledore

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
Well the one thing I'll say about our late season rough patch is that at least it's cleared the air on whether or not the difference between this years team and last years team was Matt motherf***ing Hendricks. Team has looked no different (in fact possibly worse) than before we got him back.

Reactions: blues10

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Well the one thing I'll say about our late season rough patch is that at least it's cleared the air on whether or not the difference between this years team and last years team was Matt mother****ing Hendricks. Team has looked no different (in fact possibly worse) than before we got him back.
He needs to be less of a "whisperer" and more of a yeller.

Yes, an old yeller.

Reactions: ps241 and iannn

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I really hope that switch isn't just a myth. Going out in the first round without a 1st rounder is going to make for an annoying summer.

The issues with the "switch" for us is if we were still playing well in most areas but having some breakdowns or some lapses that were costing us games, then the switch is possible. But the issue is most of our game has been bad for a while now, 5v5, top players scoring, team defence, coaching. The only area getting better at the right time is Helle in net. All that seems like too much for cranking up the effort and hitting to fix. That is structure/systems, and guys being out right cold. As well as lack of chemistry still going on.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
For the love of God, I hope Maurice sits these guys down and shows them what has worked in the past to make them successful.
Short shifts, Team Defence, skating and hitting.
I’d be reuniting the TLC line for sure.
Ehlers Hayes Laine
Perreault Little Roslovic
Connor Scheifele Wheeler

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I pray that the extra long dressing room meeting at the end of the Wild game lit a fire under their bellies. If not, the team is in serious trouble. We're going to be in tough against a hungry Avalanche team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad