Speculation: Jets At The World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
For a nation that has one of the best development programs for young hockey players, the USA sure has piss poor management at the international level.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Those lines look really good. Lots of firepower in the top 6, and even the top 9, with a 4th line that can score and be defensively responsible.

I think it'll come down to defense and goaltending for Team NA - the forwards shouldn't be an issue. Finland / Laine should be a really good test for them. Looking forward to seeing Laine and Scheif on the ice at the same time too,.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wiecek with an article that doesn't say much, except that he thought Buff's scratch was puzzling.

Oh, and after trashing the Jets' media relations in two consecutive articles and saying how much more wonderful the media relations were around the WCH (a money-making exhibition tournament), he found out that Buff was not being made available for interviews. Bummer, eh Paul?

Wiecek is going to be a very annoying writer for the Jets.

Link: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/buff-scratch-a-head-scratcher-393846111.html

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Wiecek with an article that doesn't say much, except that he thought Buff's scratch was puzzling.

I heard that Torts showed up to practice in a track suit, and Buff just snapped. ;)

CPrysh3VEAARiZl.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well ain't that Jack Jofa himself in flesh! :laugh:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
It really all depends on if the Czechs can beat Team Europe. I think it's a coin flip either way to be honest...especially if they start Mrazek.

I'm not too sure about that, I think that Team Europe will probably win that game without too much trouble. I think they're better than their pre-tourney games showed.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
After getting my white Scheif HC jersey, it looks like it's shaping up to be a blue Laine jersey up next!

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
If Europe wins, US is ****ED.

I was hoping USA might have a little success because of Buff and Wheeler but that has gone out the window now. I can't get behind a train wreck. Buff being scratched and Wheeler although busting his butt is looking real frustrated and lost in whatever ridiculous system Torts farted out of his posterior. At this point let it end sooner rather than later and bring our boys back home.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Can't imagine how they could scratch one of their best defenseman.
It's easy, just close your eyes and picture John Tortorella viewing video of defencemen getting pinned in their own zone but blocking shot after shot. "Hey Torts, who's sher-wood is that sticking out of your pants?"

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Can't imagine how they could scratch one of their best defenseman.

Torts knew that scratching Buff would hurt the team, but it is all about Torts. Always has been and always will be. That is just how he rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia