LeBrun: Jets and Myers have kept the door open, but needed to wait for Trouba trade.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I hope not.

I still am predicting he chases the money elsewhere.

Jets should offer no more than $5M for him. Something like Eberle's contract.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Knowing the Jets' luck at the draft, the 1st they picked up in the Trouba trade will probably become a first line forward

Reactions: Slomo

Shopping Cart

Dec 7, 2010
Chevy didn’t trade Trouba to make room to sign Myers he obviously kept contract talks open with Myers in case Trouba forced his hand in a trade.

The Jets aren’t a big free agent target without overpaying so for Chevy loss both Trouba and Myers in the off-season is worse then signing Myers and trading Trouba. Sucks Trouba seemed to have really backed Chevy into a corner and I hope he doesn’t overpay Myers.

Could always be worse.

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Someone please get a door stop and wedge that door wide open. Myers not in Vancouver is a festivus miracle!

Reactions: WillyNy

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Imagine trading away Trouba for scraps so that you can overpay Myers.
Denzel-Washington-Drinking.gif

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Think Chevy was backed into a corner here. Had to trade Trouba for rental value but he doesn’t have to cover one mistake with another.

Reactions: BB88

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Even the great GMs make some god awful moves. Find me a GM in the league that doesn't have some terrible signings/trades/draft selections under their belt. You can't, especially not for ones who have been at it for years.
I think my favourite squadron's GM is the one exception. Got rid of cancerous prospect McCann and unnecessary picks for coveted Erik Gudbranson. Narrowed in on future all stars Brandon Sutter, the Derrick Pouliot, Bartkowski, and now has his sights on Stanley cup winner Milan Lucic. He even dumped the overpaid bottom pair deadweight Erik Gudbranson.

Jelly haterz...

Reactions: McFlyingV

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Good. Now you can overpay for risto.

“You missed on the best, come overpay for the rest”
That quote couldn't be more inaccurate. Should read:

"You watched competent GMs get the best. You missed the rest, and now are trying to send Milan Lucic out west."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad