GDT: Jets@Anaheim - Going back to California or Winnipegosis (again) - Tue Oct 26/21 - 9 PM - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What came out today?

The whole Blackhawks scandal report was released in which Chevy was named in it and Bettman is having a personal meeting with him and Quinville.

The Hawks have already been fined $2 million and their front office from back then has been purged.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The whole Blackhawks scandal report was released in which Chevy was named in it and Bettman is having a personal meeting with him and Quinville.

The Hawks have already been fined $2 million and their front office from back then has been purged.
Thanks, i'm reading about it right now. Some people are just awful, awful people. If true Chevy is done, sad story all-around.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
@SUX2BU, great GDT and thanks for the mood music! I hate the Vegas Golden Showers more, but I still think...

th

I am sure you all do too! It will be tough for the team tonight in front of those "intelligent" Anaheim fans...

db374fb876806fda9c5245cf90b4276f.png

With that, it's hard to take the Ducks seriously, as they have some issues...

Cute-Duck-Puns.png

Just win! Go Jets Go! :hockey:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It would be nice to have the guys back in the line up but I have to confess, I like the new look -
Are we playing a faster game without most of our top line out?
Also like the battle on the bottom half of the line up - I'm not convinced it set in stone yet

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It would be nice to have the guys back in the line up but I have to confess, I like the new look -
Are we playing a faster game without most of our top line out?
Also like the battle on the bottom half of the line up - I'm not convinced it set in stone yet
I love the internal competition from top to bottom. The worst thing for a competitive sport is complacency where you know your job is safe.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
In light of the news today, I don't expect the broadcast to ignore it but Kevin Sawyer better not say one word about it given his history.

Egads, I hadn't even considered that Sawzall might weigh (is that the word?) in on the day's events.

I expect that he and Dennis will be under vert strict instructions to stick to their repertoire of tire-pumping and timeworn catchphrases, so if anything a double helpful of tight turns, a pair of Xs meeting in the corner, a carom off the boards, a timely save or two, tastefully complemented by this season's new talking points: a shooting mentality, big bodies like Dillon, etc., how the Jets D is able to lock things down (against all the evidence), how Fringe Player Y is taking care of the details and playing the right way in a manner that coaches like to see, and a pleasant video montage of Approved Vets like DomTon or Beaulieu throwing themselves in front of slappers, being run over in centre ice, or even managing a 3-foot pass in zero traffic.

No, dear listeners -- our genial hosts will not stray off-piste tonight. Thank the lord.

Last edited:

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
@SUX2BU, great GDT and thanks for the mood music! I hate the Vegas Golden Showers more, but I still think...

th

I am sure you all do too! It will be tough for the team tonight in front of those "intelligent" Anaheim fans...

db374fb876806fda9c5245cf90b4276f.png

With that, it's hard to take the Ducks seriously, as they have some issues...

Cute-Duck-Puns.png

Just win! Go Jets Go! :hockey:
I didnt realize Nate Schmidt was a Ducks fan back in 2015...

Easiest game of Where's Waldo i've ever played ;)

upload_2021-10-26_19-38-21.jpeg

upload_2021-10-26_19-38-36.jpeg

Go Jets Go!

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thank you for the GDT @SUX2BU. Great song choice and enjoyed the follow up suggestions.

Rough day off-ice for our Jets, but let’s hope the Team plays well. No, it doesn’t change what is going on, but all the players can do is their job to the best of their ability.

In light of today’s news, I’m reminded of how much I appreciate this Board and the 99.99% who put Humanity first.

May those who have been affected vicariously today find strength in what appears to be another movement to end the silence in this League. I pray it will.

Thank you to everyone here who posts fun as well as information. I often find myself leaving this Board much happier than when I arrive.

That all said,

On Monday night…
50336267-5AF1-48C2-8707-919EBEE0991F.jpeg

Crush the Ducks
2C12D26E-CBEE-447A-AC7A-E730C2EB05BB.gif

Allow them to slip up
AFAB4BDD-FC7E-450E-BF77-A1A3DCAFA59F.gif

Be on Target
6E89188D-218A-40FF-876B-AB9AC9E2444B.gif

And enjoy the USA:sarcasm:
0E7FA8DC-B7EF-4BE2-8CCE-A133700F7598.gif

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I really don't like the fact that we play teams in the other divisions in our conference the same amount of times as some of the teams in our division. Why even have divisions, then?

Just go back to top 8 in the conference if you're going to do that.

Didn't realise it was like that now - that does seem pretty pointless

Reactions: Ginger Papa

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Forgot to say it but thanks @SUX2BU.

A strange day, to say the least. Work was a blur today, and I missed all of what transpired re: Blackhawks - reading up now, and finding the systemic suppression of justice more than a little disturbing.

Last edited:

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
In reading many of the comments surrounding todays report I am reassured that Jets fans stand in solidarity with the victims and are in agreement that Justice must be served regardless of any of the negative consequences that it could have on our team.

Ignorance is certainly not bliss and acknowledging this series of unfortunate events is a step in the right direction.

Having said this, I am sincerely looking forward to a solid effort by the team and even more so, a GDT that is filled with the dumbest of Memes and the most light hearted of GIFs!

View attachment 474377

Let's Go Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad