GDT: Jets@Anaheim - Going back to California or Winnipegosis (again) - Tue Oct 26/21 - 9 PM - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Wait what? I haven't been paying attention. Are division opponents not playing each other a billion times this season?
Nope.
Agreed. Jets play Chicago and Nashville the same number of times as the Pacific division teams (3) while playing the other Central teams 4 times. Adding the Kraken seems to have lessened the number of divisional games. Currently with the top three division teams getting into the playoffs it'd somehow be nice to increase the number of division games. Or go to top 8 in the conference like you say.

Roast the ducks tonight, go Jets!
It's just... weird. It will be almost Christmas before we will have played more central division opponents than teams from California.

Our first and only away game against the Blackhawks is March 20th.

BoJet

May 2, 2016
Germany
Numerophiles like me (is that a word?) have to love the league being made up of 32 teams now. Easiest solution for the uneven schedule would be to expand to 84 games per season. That way you could have
4 x 7 Division
3 x 8 Conference
2 x 16 other Conference
Would that be sacrilege? Otherwise, something just has to give.

Though to me it would make more sense to cut two Conference games instead of Divisional. I don’t like the idea of going back to Conference only. Travel times would increase significantly and the numbers would still be uneven one way or the other.

Anyway, sports officials definitely aren’t numerophiles. In football we had a perfectly balanced World Cup with 32 teams and Euro Cup with 16, which they now expanded to 48 and 24 for money reasons. The resulting qualifying and scheduling procedures make my brain hurt. Instead of balancing the schedule, I wouldn’t put it past the NHL to expand to 33 teams because.. money.

I really don't like the fact that we play teams in the other divisions in our conference the same amount of times as some of the teams in our division. Why even have divisions, then?

Just go back to top 8 in the conference if you're going to do that.

BoJet

May 2, 2016
Germany
All eyes on PLD for this road trip. Provided the Jets come back with at least two wins, Scheif and Wheels staying home could be a blessing in disguise for him to really “arrive” in Winnipeg and mark his territory.

60A73501-B9C9-4CC6-8FDE-E20752DBCFB3.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I am tired of playing the Ducks already. Can we play someone else?

Helle has only give 1 quality start in 5 games. Not saying it's his fault but hopefully that QS% stat changes for the better starting tonight.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I am tired of playing the Ducks already. Can we play someone else?

Helle has only give 1 quality start in 5 games. Not saying it's his fault but hopefully that QS% stat changes for the better starting tonight.
It really does seem the Jets schedule was an afterthought. It was like the schedule makers forgot about Winnipeg and just before they were gonna submit it, they were like “oh yeah, those guys…”

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
43310eca3a86afdeebeed31d425b307e.jpg

Heavy does this Cali journey our conscience flay,
When what we seek is a Central game to mindbend,
Doth teach PLD and Fly that ease and repose to say
'The miles are measured from our HF boardbound friends!'
The Mo-beast that is our nascent D, cycling his systems woe,
Plods dully on, to bear that weight with Huddy,
But now Jets fans witness Hell Boy’s wakening show
Copp’s game gearing up with speed, clapping pucks a-glee:
The bloody spur of success now fills our breeches full
Of Duck Soup and sundry thrusts of fists with pride;
Which heavily Getzlaf answers like a raging (ageing) bull,
Zegras is less worthy than a wet puck shot wide;
For that same groan doth put this in my mind;
These Ducks stumble, fail, and kiss our group’d behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad