Confirmed with Link: Jets Acquire Tangradi From Penguins

Lux Aurumque*

Tangradi is terrible. Could easily fill his spot with Macha-...oh yeah, we traded our best third line prospect for a complete bust.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Bump.

It looks like Tangradi's ice time has been cut back pretty drastically (I'm assuming he's a F/T 4th liner at this point) and he has yet to contribute offensively. How has he looked in that role?

Tan-who-di?

Don't mind the move as the price was minimal, but thus far pretty ineffective. Won't break the top 9.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Bump.

It looks like Tangradi's ice time has been cut back pretty drastically (I'm assuming he's a F/T 4th liner at this point) and he has yet to contribute offensively. How has he looked in that role?

Yes, he's LW on the 4th line now. Linemates have been Slater/Cormier/Burmistrov at C (Burmi only one game) and Thorburn or Peluso on the RW. I think the Jets were hoping for at least 3rd line upside but he hasn't done much to make anyone think he's able to do that.

Haven't noticed him much - he doesn't get a ton of ice time (with Slater injured, the 4th line is getting very little ice time).

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Bump.

Tangradi looks like a player that belongs in the AHL, soft, poor skater pretty easy to see why the Pens gave up on him.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Thanks for the update.

Damn, it's such a shame that ET just isn't panning out. For anybody who doesn't know, the Pens acquired ET a few years ago as part of the Ryan Whitney for Chris Kunitz swap. At the time, GMRS said that the deal didn't get done without the addition of ET. We had high hopes for him contributing in a top-6 role...we even penciled him in as the long-term solution to the elusive search for Sid's winger.

From what I hear, he's still an upbeat guy and a good guy in the room. Here's to hoping he somehow finds his groove eventually...whether it be in the Peg or elsewhere.

thed00d

Sep 29, 2010
Not sure about all the Tangredi hate. Do the people who are disappointed in him think he was brought in to be a 30+ goal scorer or something? He fills a role. Bottom six scoring has been non-existant on this team, so to point the finger solely at Tangredi would be unjust.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not sure about all the Tangredi hate. Do the people who are disappointed in him think he was brought in to be a 30+ goal scorer or something? He fills a role. Bottom six scoring has been non-existant on this team, so to point the finger solely at Tangredi would be unjust.

But that's precisely why Tangradi was brought in, to add some scoring to the bottom six, I think they gave him a pretty good shot, pretty good minutes even some 2nd line time, he didn't produce, audition is over move O'Dell up from St. Johns see what he can do.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I see Tangradi in the same boat Eric Fehr was last year. Given a game or two to produce, no results. Banished to the fourth line.

Fehr had the same treatment. Hard to produce when you're getting no ice time or good line mates. BTW the line actually looked pretty good yesterday with Burmi, they had chances.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

this is osmething to keep in mind. our bottom six has been completely ineffective at scoring at all.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I see Tangradi in the same boat Eric Fehr was last year. Given a game or two to produce, no results. Banished to the fourth line.

Fehr had the same treatment. Hard to produce when you're getting no ice time or good line mates. BTW the line actually looked pretty good yesterday with Burmi, they had chances.

Except Fehr had produced in the NHL and was playing injured last season big difference here IMO. Fehr is actually a decent skater, Tangradi isn't. Nobody would call Fehr soft, Tangradi is soft.

bazaaa*

But that's precisely why Tangradi was brought in, to add some scoring to the bottom six, I think they gave him a pretty good shot, pretty good minutes even some 2nd line time, he didn't produce, audition is over move O'Dell up from St. Johns see what he can do.

I like this idea.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Fehr was still creating similar amount of scoring chances as he normally does just combo of injury and luck.

Tangradi is more just not that good.

I will agree he looked better with Burmi last game, but he still looks like a 4th liner tops to me.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Hard to produce when you're buried on the 4th line with scrubs like Burmi. :sarcasm: Put him on a line with Ladd, Wheeler, or Kane and we'll see what he's made of. ;)

I don't know how much better 3rd line scrubs are compared to the 4th line ones... :sarcasm:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I'm usually not one to think bringing in AHL guys is the answer, but with O'Dell's season thus far, and ET, along with the entire 3rd and 4th lines being pretty ineffectual on the score sheet, I wonder if giving O'Dell a look would be a good thing.

They obviously play different roles, and guys would have to shuffle around, but it's a thought. I wonder if the Jets being so close the playoffs has the team hesitant to try O'Dell?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Nothing against Tangradi, but I hate that we basically traded Ponikarovsky for him (and a 4th rounder).

I really liked the Poni signing in July ... but it wasnt working out........... and iM glad we were able to get a 4th round draft pick for an experiment that was not working

Tangradi is looking like its not going to work out as well( although last nights game was a bit better for him).... Tangradi is close to working himself off the team ..... givin his recent play if the Jets waived him I do not think any other Nhl team would claim him now.....

O Dell is just starting to have success on the Rock (AHL) ........I think he should continue getting top line and power play time for the remainder of the 14 Games in the AHL.........its better for his development..... (unless we get any fwrd injuries)......... We dont want to rush a AHL player to the NhL everytime he shows the first sign of success...... let him develop at 20 minutes ice time instead of 5 min with the Jets......IMO

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Poni wasn't doing much, either. It's mind-boggling that Machacek didn't get a chance.

What's Machacek doing now? He cleared waivers once and he can't even crack the Blue Jackets roster. That should tell you all you need to know.

I also think that Tangradi has shown flashes and his last game he was hitting and having more of an impact. I think it's way to early to give up on him.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Tangradi is terrible. Could easily fill his spot with Macha-...oh yeah, we traded our best third line prospect for a complete bust.

I know that you are known for baseless and sensationalist claims but this one takes it.

edit: CLB/Machacek comparison taken out as the post above addresses it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad