Confirmed with Link: Jets Acquire Tangradi From Penguins

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Guy that has the size and strength Cheveldayoff covets but has struggled to be effective at the NHL level.

Decent low risk pick up.

Anyone know his waiver situation?

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm quite surprised. He's only 24 (and just at that) so its not like he doesn't have a lot of room to grow.

While he hasn't impressed at the NHL level, he was near a PPG last year in the AHL. If he spends the rest of this year (and next probably) in St. John's then maybe he'll become a respectable third liner.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Peluso, Wright, Tangradi.....

I see the pattern, but I'm not sure what the end game is here. Does someone see diamonds in the rough or something?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Big guy, hasn't exactly caught on at the NHL level yet. Not sure if he can think the game at this level, and he has a case of the lead boots as well - not exactly fleet of foot.

Hope he can pick up his game here.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Name: Eric Tangradi
Number: 25
Pos.: LW
Shoots: L
Height: 6-4
Weight: 232
Birthdate: 1989-02-10
Birthplace: Philadelphia, PA

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He was projected to be the closest thing to Kevin Stevens we'd had in the system since, well, Kevin Stevens...but for a power forward he absolutely refuses to use his size and strength to his advantage. Instead he plays like a small forward with questionable skating who gets lost in the offensive zone.

The ceiling is still there and I do think he will eventually get his **** together and be a solid NHLer...it just wasn't going to happen in Pittsburgh. Best of luck to him with you guys. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up flourishing in Winnipeg.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Jets fans, use this picture in good health:

Tangradibigdog.jpg

if he's not being given a fair shot by the coaches, be sure to post "let the Big Dog eat"

on a serious note - i think he could learn a thing or two from Blake Wheeler. he's always been something closer to a 'play-making big-man' than a 'power-forward'

Duir

Interesting pick up. As per HF:

Talent Analysis

Possessing great size and strength, Tangradi is first and foremost a fantastic net-front presence. He knows how to use his large frame in front of the net and can create match-up problems for opposing defensemen. He has gradually developed a similar type of warrior mentality when battling for loose pucks or playing in high-traffic areas of the ice. His on-ice awareness and vision are also above average to good. Tangradi has also demonstrated an outspoken nature which has led him to be a team leader at many stops throughout his young career.

Despite his massive size and surly on-ice disposition, the big winger was a skill-oriented player for much of his junior career and consequentially, has been learning how to play a power forward game in his last three years in the pros. He appears to have finally figured out the power forward game at the NHL level, and now must prove he is worthy of more opportunities and ice time.

Tangradi has been criticized for his flat-footed skating ability and while it surely is not a strength, there is no evidence at this point to suggest it is a major detriment either.

Future

Tangradi will start the 2012-13 season in the NHL looking to lock down a spot in the top nine.

Tangradi was dealt by the Pittsburgh Penguins to the Winnipeg Jets in February of 2013.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
Why isn't Chevy trading our 7th rounders for 1st liners? Brutal. Fire him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad