Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Panthers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Well the one goal Samberg pulled himself out of the position he should have been in to break up that play. Not sure how that's pionk
Didn't say it was, I said that it's stupid to have Pionk on the ice in these situations as he gets scored on more than any player in the league when down a man. Scheifele could also take some blame there being up at the blue line checking the same player as Vilardi. Regardless of fault on this individual goal the recurring theme is that if the other team has more players on the ice and Pionk is on they're more likely to score.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Agreed Agar, but he has all but invisible so far putting him back on the wing might take some the pressure off off him
Actually being invisible is a good thing for a rookie isn’t it?
No mistakes that cost the team a win.
One assist and plus 1 is a win for me with a rookie getting experience at the same time.
Not every rookie can be a Bedard.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Those new players Chevy brought in looking pretty good.
Yeah I don't know if Villardi puts up more points than PLD but the way he is clicking with that top line and helping them having positive impact at 5v5 like they haven't had in years makes us a better team than last year.

And I for one am glad that I don't have to scream at the screen for PLD taking a brain dead penalty again.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's going to be a tough sell this year I think we all knew that, and before anyone says it the Jets aren't going anywhere

And it's not just the tough sell Jets...

My Lady and I are lucky... we can meet the challenges of inflation these days as we have no debt... and have a great life in general...

Many people are struggling with the rampant inflation in our economy right now...

My prayers are with those struggling...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Top line buzzing again

Nice to see secondary scoring

Second line outside of basically one play was meh

Kupari will be such a nice upgrade over the 4cs we've had.

Might be just me and an unpopular opinion but in my view he's better than Perfetti. At least right now and at Center he is. Also, I love Adam Lowry but Rasmus Kupari might be a better player already. He'll never be quite as gritty as Lowry but he's almost as solid against the puck and has higher offensive upside. Anyway, I think Kupari should be given a larger role...if not now then surely down the road.

Reactions: jungles

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The ST base has taken a huge hit over the last couple years, and now they will have to fill the building by being an exciting competitive team. Not much mystery why Chipman is pushing for a win now team.
Two straight games the Jets played exciting hockey if the fans don’t come it’s money issues … not the product on the ice.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Perfetti with 1:40 TOI on the powerplay, Connor with 6, Scheifele would have had more if not for his fighting major.

I like Nino's bull in a China shop game but he's really struggling when the puck's on his stick so far. His hands, vision, and patience aren't where they were when he came over last year. Lots of failed break-ins from Ehlers and Perfetti passing to him and him handing the puck over.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I notice Ehlers is not on the score sheet ? I guess he's trying to shake off the rust, from not playing pre season games.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’d say the refereeing was bad, but I think it was very obviously deliberate. Game management at its finest.

I think the forward depth is gonna cause problems (for other teams). The Jets just keep coming and coming because they have 12 legit NHL forwards now.

Scheif/Connor/Vilardi with a strong game.

Morrissey/DeMelo and Samberg/Pionk played well too, IMO.

Liked the fourth line’s game, especially Kupari. Lowry was good too.

Still waiting to see Vezinabuyck show up, this team will be a tough out once that happens.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The last two games have really shown that we need an upgrade from Pionk and Schmidt quickly.
Pionk's 5v5 numbers have been stellar the first two games, he just doesn't know where he should be when the other team has more players on the ice and gets exploited constantly. 5v5 numbers may be the same Samberg effect we saw with Schmidt last season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad