Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Sens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I missed the game being at the family's place tonight. Sounds like the Jets didn't disappoint. I'm a bit surprised by all the penalties though, are the Sens that much of a dumpster fire this season?
The Sens are, honestly, not too good right now.

Also, I'll say this now, should we meet them in the playoffs.... F**k Seattle.
community-ken-jeong.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Interesting thought.
I wouldn't do that on back to backs but it could work for some games.'
In many games Scheifele has 3 more minutes of ice time than Dubois (with the same number of shifts.
Dubois could take several of those shifts and you could rotate a few other people in.
Stenlund could slide to the wing depending on where the faceoff is and who's better on what side.

I did notice in games where we did this that the 4th line shifts seemed more deadly because they had top 6 guys filling in with them.
Run Heinola at forward, couldn’t be any worse than Koolmun!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Interesting thought.
I wouldn't do that on back to backs but it could work for some games.'
In many games Scheifele has 3 more minutes of ice time than Dubois (with the same number of shifts.
Dubois could take several of those shifts and you could rotate a few other people in.
Stenlund could slide to the wing depending on where the faceoff is and who's better on what side.

I did notice in games where we did this that the 4th line shifts seemed more deadly because they had top 6 guys filling in with them.
Well obviously the answer is to get a better 3rd liner and not worry about development as the jets focus on winning, but, if you want to do both, I’d rather take a player like that out than Samberg.

Good solid game all-around by the Jets. Ehlers is looking elite.

It's always tough to win the second game of a back-to-back but it is the Flyers so it is doable.
Yep Ehlers is amazing and can stay healthy he’d be elite. With his health concerns I’d be cautious about putting him up there.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I do wish Cole Perfetti #91 would at least smile when he scores, way to serious for a young player playing in the NHL.....
I was going to make a post about the same thing. It concerns me greatly that as a 21 year old, there is not any emotion or excitement in Cole's demeanour, when he scores a goal, or the team does. Most 21 year olds would be jumping up and down, and embracing other teammates. The guy can't even crack a smile, and doesn't look happy. I don't know if that's just the way he is, or if that's a sign of future trouble with him. He's a great young player, but you gotta wonder if he's happy playing hockey here, or wherever ?

Last edited:

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby
I was going to make a post about the same thing. It concerns me greatly that as a 21 year old, there is not any emotion or excitement in his demeanour, when he scores a goal, or the team does. Most 21 year olds would be jumping up and down, and embracing other teammates. The guy can't even crack a smile, and doesn't look happy. I don't know if that's jusat the way he is, or if that's a sign of future trouble with him. He's a great young player, but you gotta wonder if he's happy playing hockey here, or wherever ?

I have watched him from his first game in Saginaw. He has always been fairly stoic in his demeanor. In junior he had lots of success and never was a showboat. This is the way he has been since he was 16.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I have watched him from his first game in Saginaw. He has always been fairly stoic in his demeanor. In junior he had lots of success and never was a showboat. This is the way he has been since he was 16.
Well, that's good to know, maybe just the way he is, that he doesn't show much emotion. I was going to add that question to my post, asking how he was in Junior Hockey ? but you just answered that for me. Good to know-- and everyone is different.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
He is a cerebral little winger, case in point, his interviews are content thick and platitude free.

DJ Toilet?

Just imagine what is spinning while performing..
giphy.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This team is too inconsistent to be an scup contender. They should beat teams like Ottawa who just played a back to back
Yeah, way too inconsistent. Only one 3 game losing streak this year, at the top of the Western Conference, top half in GF, 4th in GA (from being one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year).

7th best pp 2nd best pk. 3 20 goal scorers already. We could have 5 if it wasn't for injuries.

So inconsistent.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah, way too inconsistent. Only one 3 game losing streak this year, at the top of the Western Conference, top half in GF, 4th in GA (from being one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year).

7th best pp 2nd best pk. 3 20 goal scorers already. We could have 5 if it wasn't for injuries.

So inconsistent.
Better home team than road team for sure. I thought that was a game where the Sens mistakes gave the Jets the game.

Like the changes to the top 6. Perfetti really needed to score. He roofed that backhand early. Be interesting to know what the message was from the coaches when he got the promotion, but he doesn't look out of place with skill players.

Defense I liked Samberg's game, his ability to block shots is something else. De Melo was good too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Stoic is the perfect word.

I am not worried about Perfetti at all. He’s reminds me of those 70’s Soviet players. Always so talented but no time for silly emotion :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Better home team than road team for sure. I thought that was a game where the Sens mistakes gave the Jets the game.

Like the changes to the top 6. Perfetti really needed to score. He roofed that backhand early. Be interesting to know what the message was from the coaches when he got the promotion, but he doesn't look out of place with skill players.

Defense I liked Samberg's game, his ability to block shots is something else. De Melo was good too.
Poor DeMelo got rocked a few times last night (right off his feet). Good thing he kept popping right back up.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I think the Jets did a good job to force a lot of those mistakes. There were large parts of the game where the Sens couldn't clear the zone.

The Jets took over as the game went on and Ottawa looked like they gave up in the 3rd. That 2nd Scheifele goal was beer league level defending. Still, I think that's partly a function of the Jets play last night that stifled a lot of what Ottawa wanted to do.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

So inconsistent.
It is one of the things that people don't seem to appreciate about hockey, but it probably has the least consistent game by game outcomes of the major sports. So many games turn on bounces or a hot goalie or just some puck luck. Even the worst teams have something approaching a 1 in 3 chance of beating one of the best teams on any given night.

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017

Samberg is getting better all the time. You can tell he is getting more comfortable and gaining confidence with every game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

So inconsistent.

It's almost as if people don't watch other teams. It's a grueling 82 game season, all teams have ups and downs.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Good games from Shwhehlers line and Hellebuyck

f*** you sportsnet and ka chook

View attachment 639289
Is there a worse case scenario than having to endure a playoff series with Garry Galley doing colour commentary on our games? I get he's an Eastern guy and follows those teams more than the West, but the whole game was basically a home broadcast for the Sens, analyzing their players.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Is there a worse case scenario than having to endure a playoff series with Garry Galley doing colour commentary on our games? I get he's an Eastern guy and follows those teams more than the West, but the whole game was basically a home broadcast for the Sens, analyzing their players.
I was lucky enough to be at a family get together with a lot of side talk during the game so while we were watching intently we were doing our own pro Jets commentary and not listening to the broadcast commentary.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed I thought Samberg had an outstanding game. Just a quick look at the underlining numbers support that. Last night Samberg had a 75.0 CF% and an amazing 92.39 xGF%.

Yup I think he's arrived now as an everyday plus 3rd pairing dmen. Think he takes Dillion's job in another year or so.

Nice to have finally hit on second round pick lol.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
From the start of his time in the Jets lineup to now Samberg has learned from his mistakes and strived to get better and I think we are starting to see the results, his play versus Heinola's is night and day. He is a few years older than Heinola so maybe there is still hope for Heinola to get better in the coming years or maybe he is a guy that is to good for the AHL and not good enough for the NHL. I hope we don't give up on him just yet.

Reactions: RabidOne

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Really like the lines. ESW has never not been good and Perfetti should be fine slotting in with Connor and Dubois.

But I do think our 'depth' forwards are finally getting a little exposed. Picking up some serious offense for our third line (someone who can move up in a pinch) would be very nice before playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad