Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Sens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
our longest losing streak was 3 games.. were in a bit of a slump right now but are still 9 and 3 in our last 12 games.
If we're in a slump and are winning 9 of our last 12 games, I'll wager that every single coach in the league would love to have this kind of slump.

Only one team in the entire league is above the .750 mark.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It was actually Wheelers and Perfetti that were switched (based on last game) and Barron sent back to the 3rd line (so a 3-way swap of sorts).
Oh right. I was still thinking the last previous lines was perfetti-scheifele-wheeler and Connor-dubois-ehlers. Forgot about that Barron was a top 6er that one game.

Anyway, I brought this up in the trade thread last week. Stylistically I think scheifele+wheeler needed ehlers a bit more. Perfetti had played RW next to dubois and Connor last year. You can probably put any one next to those two and the line would fair fine. Saw Svech there and it was still a real good line.

Reactions: Jack7222

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's almost as if people don't watch other teams. It's a grueling 82 game season, all teams have ups and downs.

I would say its exactly that people don’t watch other teams enough. There is no such things as consistency in highly controlled individual sports (Golf) let alone highly dynamic team sports.

I feel like most hockey fans have a rec golfer mentality. The delusion that we are a probably a potential par golfer because that happens a few times a round and just ignore the triple boggies because that doesn’t really represent who we are :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would say its exactly that people don’t watch other teams enough. There is no such things as consistency in highly controlled individual sports (Golf) let alone highly dynamic team sports.

I feel like most hockey fans have a rec golfer mentality. The delusion that we are a probably a potential par golfer because that happens a few times a round and just ignore the triple boggies because that doesn’t really represent who we are :laugh:
Great analogy.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021

Hah yeah, you see this kind of thing too when fans are like "man we played bad in the 3rd, if only we could figure out how to play like we played in the 1st period we would win so much" as if the other team just doesn't really exist and everything just depends on how hard you try :laugh: I'm definitely guilty of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad