Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Canucks 2

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
5/5 Stickmen tonight, it may of been a nothing game but don't say that to Chibby and Lambert, we might have a couple of players here, poor Koal there just isn't a spot on this team atm, stay ready young man. Full disclosure I personally thought at the beginning of the year the Jets would of been fighting for WC spot this year so what they did this year was unbelievable in my eyes. Now we wait do we play Sunday or Monday

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well onto the playoffs. Didn't see this one but congrats to Lambert and Chibrikov on their first points.

Well whatever happens in the playoffs Cole finished the season strong with 4 goals and 6 points in his last 5 games. Honestly I'm not sure how the coach can justify not playing essentially a 20 goal player but them grit roles...

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
And Helly wins the Jennings. Too bad LB doesn’t get his name on it.
they honestly could give a crap.
Bro has a ring, Helle has a Veznia, and yeah it’s nice ? but they want the cup.

for guys with that level of achievement, the guys who have Both cups and Rocket and Vez etc, in interviews they always say winning the Cups are THE achievement.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

for guys with that level of achievement, the guys who have Both cups and Rocket and Vez etc, in interviews they always say winning the Cups are THE achievement.

Those players obviously haven't been to the Adam Oates School O' Hockey...

:laugh:

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
The Jets are effing awesome!

Thanks @macmaroon for the award in the GDT, you made my evening sir. Also big up everyone who has contributed to the boards this season. I'm glad I signed on and have enjoyed interacting with and learning from many of you. I might be bias but after snooping through other teams sections, I really believe the Jets community is the best around. Brilliant folks in here.

I'm ready for the playoffs ya'll. Fired up and dreaming of a Cup. Let's see what happens but I truly believe in something special happening this summer.

In lieu of a mashup, I'd like to pay tribute to coach Bones. Might not be a perfect coach (although has there ever been one?) but he's done a pretty damn good job when you look at how the table rests after 82. Would love for him to finally get a ring after a lifetime dedicated to the game of hockey.

For those of you who know this song and enjoy it, a lyric sheet has been provided so you can sing along at home. Inspired by the man at the helm. Bring on The Avalanche.

He wakes up early every morning
Just to coach his player's now
Because he cares ya'll

His day, oh wouldn't be right
Without a shake up
Lines gotta have a shake up

He's just like you and me
But he's Bowness. He's Bowness.

As he stands there, gritting his molars
----------
In my sleep I see him coaching
Preaching.. D
Cole is scratched from time to time
I ask Bones why? Bones why?

He's just like you and me
But he's Bowness. He's Bowness.

As he stands there, gritting his molars

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We don’t know the opening lineup so it is just speculation at this point. Cole made a strong case for himself tonight.

We don't, but Bones has pretty much tipped his hand for what he prefers. But if Barron can't go then they pretty much have to play him. Putting Gus in over him would poison the well I think.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed but all players enjoy their individual achievements along the way. And when careers are over they are fond memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad