Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 Blues 2

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I checked out after tthe Blues second goal, but I popped back into the gdt later in the game. Started reading at about page 19 and it was all doom and gloom. Skipped ahead to page 29 and it was all GOALS GOALS GOALS!!! lol...

Good to get the win before the ASB.

Reactions: Luc Labelle
Nov 24, 2006
looks like we can step off the ledge for 11 days now.

5BFD6B45-2CF8-43C2-A46A-19BBE17F72C2.gif

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Can i just say Morrissey has been unbelievable this season. The guy is such a good skater, i love watching him play this season. How Maurice didn't let Morrissey play like this i will never understand.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can i just say Morrissey has been unbelievable this season. The guy is such a good skater, i love watching him play this season. How Maurice didn't let Morrissey play like this i will never understand.

I think he just got too comfortable with the d Morrissey was for him that he didn't realize what he could be. Sometimes it takes a different set of eyes to see that.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Another solid game from Samberg, and impressed with Capo stepping in after a break and being solid too (despite a bit of a gaff on their first goal imo).

If you told me these two might play together at the beginning of the year I'd have been terrified but they looked good. Good news for us but maybe not good news for Stanley and Heinola?

Reactions: hn777 and Jet

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This has certainly been an interesting transition. However, it was Maurice who initially put him on the PP and kept him there even though he looked like a fish out of water. I'm happy to give Bones some credit, but perhaps it was the off issues more than anything.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This has certainly been an interesting transition. However, it was Maurice who initially put him on the PP and kept him there even though he looked like a fish out of water. I'm happy to give Bones some credit, but perhaps it was the off issues more than anything.

I think it was more ES systems and dmen roles where the two coaches differed in their approach. Bones has given him the green light to activate as he sees fit whereas Maurice the last fee years he was here wanted his dmen to play much more conservatively in the ozone.

But I think Lowry deserves credit as well here. This transition for JoMo started last year where Lowry rembered him from junior and told him to start activating and creating a lot. Main difference this year is he's more comfortable in that role amd the points are coming.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Good wake up game for our top 6 and Morrissey. I didn't think we played particularly bad in the first two period+ despite the score. got opportunities but Binnington played well. Also we missed the net, or our 0-finish bottom-6 mis handled the puck / couldn't convert.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016

Check Maurice's coaching record and you will understand.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Compare Maurice's all time win percentage as head coach vs Bowness'
The overall winning percentage by RB is pretty bad. Its true. However, the caveat in this case is that Bowness' record is inordinately skewed by a long spell with early days in Ottawa. Have a look then through the same exercise to exclude the dark early days in Ottawa.

I like looking at trajectories.

In that case, focus on Bones' record since 2019... not too shabby. This year is one of his best on paper.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The overall winning percentage by RB is pretty bad. Its true. However, the caveat in this case is that Bowness' record is inordinately skewed by a long spell with early days in Ottawa. Have a look then through the same exercise to exclude the dark early days in Ottawa.

In that case, focus on Bones' record since 2019... not too shabby. This year is one of his best on paper.
Yea, Maurice was coaching those powerhouses in Toronto and Hartford…

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Lol classic moving of the goalposts

At least you admit it

There are caveats in every case if you look closely enough

PoMo wasn't the perfect coach, but nobody is. He lost the room and should have been let go long before he was. But the whole "he's the worst coach ever because he has the most losses" narrative is as ridiculous as saying "he's the 6th best coach of all time because he has the 6th most wins"

Someday Bowness will lose the room and need to go to. I think we were all quietly holding our breath on that skid of poor play hoping that it wasn't now lol

People were already shitting on him for the line shuffles yesterday and deployment in the first period. Looks like it worked.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well embiggen my britches, that was a heckuva third to bring home the W and send the one-note Blues and especially Justin "The Hatchetman" Faulk weeping their way back to Saint Loueee.

The first was an embarrassment of misses, the second saw the Jets get Binn'd, but they carried the play for the vast majority of the game and must have hit the metal of the old Win-O-Meter.

JMo with the pair (and two goals) picked it up with the motivator, but though the first and 3rd pairings looked good, with Capo helping to keep the play alive through the rust well despite the World's Slowest Spinorama and not taking the pass away on that first goal. His play highlighted how little Stanley offers in transition vs pretty much every other D player or prospect. I had hopes for the big man, but honestly wonder now if the game hasn't begun to pass him by.

Pionk plays better with some snarl, and was plenty snarly tonight, Samberg was solid, 4th-line Dane-y-mo and his abraded ankles made the PPs and a key goal happen, Big Sak came back, PLD wore the Blues down, 55 shot for a change and KFC added some speed and cycle.

Lower down the order Barron did his best Ehlers, Lowry wuz robbed and Gagner had his moments tho he petered out by the end.

Thought Cole made some fine reads and passes but looks tired, and Wheeler is tired and needs his minutes managed -- yesterday.

Helle held.

The break will help. Looking forward to a team busting out of the gates in 11 days with Apples hopefully pitching in. And HFJ also can refresh itself and regroup -- enjoy the ASB mes choms, and be well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

At least you admit it

PoMo wasn't the perfect coach, but nobody is. He lost the room and should have been let go long before he was. But the whole "he's the worst coach ever because he has the most losses" narrative is as ridiculous as saying "he's the 6th best coach of all time because he has the 6th most wins"

Someday Bowness will lose the room and need to go to. I think we were all quietly holding our breath on that skid of poor play hoping that it wasn't now lol

People were already shitting on him for the line shuffles yesterday and deployment in the first period. Looks like it worked.

Yup Moe was good here for 5 years. He just overstayed his shelf life which is probably why most on these boards are very hard on him.

I do question whether he jumped back into coaching to soon after his stint with us, I feel he needed more time to reinvent himself to the current playing style of the league, especially the way the EC now plays.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

At least you admit it

This is a nice balanced response to my opinion. Thanks!

Reactions: Stumbledore

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg

100%

One of the most exciting revelations about the season for me watching this team under Bones.

He has a track record. Was around Hedman, Heiskanen, etc. and elevated those guys to tap in to their skating to create offensive opportunities to reach new heights in their careers.

Josh feels unlocked under Bones.

Been so much fun to watch him play this year just oozing confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad