Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 Blues 2

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Glad that that's over. Jets need the break in the worst way. f***ing hell, guys. Go get your mojo back. The last 8 games have been terminal to watch.

Also, can't help but notice that the Jets looked a bit cleaner and more assertive when Stanley was scratched again. I want him to get better, but he's not going to do it playing with Pionk.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
722a74e7d142a03273e70f0b89498f49.png
BEAUTY! Thanks the Golden Jet you will never be forgotten.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Big guns played the right way - nice comeback win and that was desperately needed -

JoMo is a beauty - he's the guy that gets it all going
Scheif, Ehlers and KC get together for two - Bones makes the right call on putting that trio back together - well done.

Nice way to head into the break - bring that same energy back in mid Feb and we'll be fine

Oh, and Helle gave them a chance - solid game

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Hammers tonight, it's been a while. 1st two period had many shots but no goals, third was the way the Jets should play all the time. Joshua leading the way, Scheifele back on the score sheet, Ehlers has to be frustrated, and the rest of the Jets were just there tonight nothing special but going into a break this long a win was a must and needed in the standings.

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

Well now it's time to take my punishment

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Good solid effort and persistence pays off. Changes the boos to cheers in just a few minutes.

That gets the monkey of their backs for the next 10 days and allows Morrissey to especially enjoy his time in Florida this weekend.

And, coincidentally, in the unlikely event that the Blues surge and we somehow wind up tied with them as season's end, we've swept the series from them.

Go Jets Go!

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
3/5 Hammers tonight, it's been a while. 1st two period had many shots but no goals, third was the way the Jets should play all the time. Joshua leading the way, Scheifele back on the score sheet, Ehlers has to be frustrated, and the rest of the Jets were just there tonight nothing special but going into a break this long a win was a must and needed in the standings.

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

Well now it's time to take my punishment

Is that all you got ? :laugh:

1675132285282-gif.644105

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Hello, Jets? Anyone home?

200w.gif

That kinda felt like the opposite of one of our games - St. Louis put up two goals and has us down & out, but took a 5 minute siesta and lost the game. Hopefully that's the end of our rotten, lazy, uninspired play. Cheers to Josh Morrissey for waking everybody up, hopefully the spell is broken.
I hope this is a lesson again to the boys that this is the NHL, and you can't take any days off - the talent is world class, and you will lose unless you are responsible both in your preparation and your play.

The high intensity practices are tiring yes, but they prepare you for the speed of the game. They are needed.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well the work rate was there all game and the Blues ran out of Gass.

I will say I didn't like our game plan the first two periods. Way too much up the boards into coverage or dump ins. When we had to open things up a bit down 2 we started looking for and making actual passes that beat the Blues overload in our end and low and behold we got it out and cleanly in and goals followed.

Our pp still needs an awful lot of work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad