Post-Game Talk: Jets 2, Canucks 1: It's a Winnipeg brownout! Mark Flood would be so proud.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Canucks' Brock Boeser scores game-winner in NHL debut

Brock Boeser's college career ended in crushing fashion on Friday night. Scoring in his NHL debut the next day in front of his family and friends wasn't a bad consolation prize.

Boeser scored in his first NHL game a day after signing with Vancouver, Reid Boucher added two in a four-goal second period and the Canucks defeated the slumping Minnesota Wild 4-2 on Saturday.

_______​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
i for one am excited to see how boeser matches up against laine.

both are RW snipers. 1st round draft pickers, laine is a surefire elite rookie for sure...and will likely be superstar in his prime.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
The Weakerthans are one of the more underrated Canadian bands over the past 20 years. Quality stuff from them

Hope we lose, but also hope Bo, Bae, Boes, and Bouch play well again

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
6-2 Canucks with our goals by Horvat (2) Baertchi Boeser Stecher and Boucher

Gotta beat these losers in there building. I believe in the tank but theres gotta be some pride in these last few games and losing to the Jets would be too much

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
2/2 with motivational material.

Going old school this time

cat-poster.jpg

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Having watched that clip I vote we stop talking about Boeser's choice of number. I like when sons honor their fathers by wearing their number (Marky, Brock etc.).

Long may it continue, long live the B-Line.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I hope they rest the kid. His needle must be way past the line now.

Toi yesterday?

And I asked about the number cause I want a jersey. I think the choice is great but the commotion here over it gave me pause.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The talk yesterday was that Boeser would miss this game because of Visa issues, so we'll see. I'm sure a day off wouldn't be a bad thing.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
The talk yesterday was that Boeser would miss this game because of Visa issues, so we'll see. I'm sure a day off wouldn't be a bad thing.

Oh right it's in Winnipeg. Duh yes of course he'll miss it. Much too quick a turnaround for Visa process.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden

Toi yesterday?

And I asked about the number cause I want a jersey. I think the choice is great but the commotion here over it gave me pause.

I think he sits. But Skille got hurt so might be needed if it's even possible (Probably won't have his visa yet).

The jersey number comment was not directed at you :) - more a general reaction to the same commotion you mention!

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Okay, fun is fun, and I'm glad that Brock got his happy beginning, but it's high time we got back to the business of losing.

Also, this injury parade can just **** off... because besides the faint glimmer of hope we are getting from the young guns, the only good thing we can salvage from this season is the chance that Utica makes the playoffs and has a bit of a run; which isn't going to happen if we have to keep pulling up their guys as injury replacements. Although I will have a sad laugh if we ever see a Sedin-Sedin-Biega line hit the ice.

3-2 'Peg

Boucher x2

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Oh right it's in Winnipeg. Duh yes of course he'll miss it. Much too quick a turnaround for Visa process.

You're right. Totally forgot about Visas. Which is weird how fast he got into the lineup given he just signed his contract and is employer is based in Canada.

I mean, didn't Goldobin not play in the game against SJ after we acquire him due to Visa issues? He was already playing in the US, which was where the game was, but I would imagine that since his employer went from a US team to a CAD team that he would need to go through the paperwork.

So, it is kind of strange how fast Brock was able to get into the lineup unless the Canucks had already put in the paperwork. but, he signed his deal on Saturday and government offices would have been closed.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

Toi yesterday?

The number thing for me was that I've been watching hockey since the 80's and forwards generally don't wear a number lower than 7. The odd ones are Lecavalier cause his grandfather loved Beliveau. And you had a couple of guys like Joe Thornton who started with #6 in Boston, and Bobby Ryan, who also wore #6 when he first arrived in Ottawa. Plus you have Coyle in Minny with #3. So, for me, it just looked odd. But, if Brock chose it to honour his father, by all means. As long as players have a good reason for taking what I would consider an odd number (like Hornet's #53, I'm ok with them going with it). I just find that guys like Megna and Chaput who wear numbers in the mid 40's are what they are, which are AHL call ups wearing their training camp number. Would like to see Stecher and Gaunce switch numbers next season. Really surprised that the Canucks didn't ask Gaunce to switch after training camp, like they did for Virtanen and McCann last year.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Been a Peg fan for years, cuz sadly I lived there for 3 years (very few redeeming qualities honestly).

I hope they win this in regulation. We need to continue to tank ...

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Good. He should have been eased into the line-up after a couple practices anyway, plus he was pretty much favouring his heavily-wrapped wrist all game.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Been a Peg fan for years, cuz sadly I lived there for 3 years (very few redeeming qualities honestly).

I hope they win this in regulation. We need to continue to tank ...

Why in the blue hell would you be a fan of that team??? Cant understand that one AT ALL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad