Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
How about Gauthier for Pool party? A recent first who has been devepoing well as of late and who is big and fast.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
How about Gauthier for Pool party? A recent first who has been devepoing well as of late and who is big and fast.
Why though? Gauthier is coming along fine for us and seems to be finally playing the way we want him to at this point. He and JP have nearly the same list of pluses and minuses: fast, big, good shots, RHS power forward, not entirely thinking the game at the NHL level yet. Why exchange same for same? Neither team should do that.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Pulju for Str- oh wait.

If the Oilers wanted to get rid of Lucic and Pulju I'd be happy to take them together if it's good value. Maybe Chychrun can come back if there's an add.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Why though? Gauthier is coming along fine for us and seems to be finally playing the way we want him to at this point. He and JP have nearly the same list of pluses and minuses: fast, big, good shots, RHS power forward, not entirely thinking the game at the NHL level yet. Why exchange same for same? Neither team should do that.

I think Gauthier is the safer prospect at this point but think PP has the higher ceiling. Its a risk I think Carolina should take.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Thanks for all the reminders that he isn't a good player, the coach doesn't trust him, and that he'll be in Europe soon but no you can't have him for your dreck.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I just love seeing Edmonton destroying young talented players after young talented players.

I mean, What could have been Yakupov if he had been drafted by Columbus ?

He could have been exactly what he is. A great junior and decent player in the Khl. Remember Edmonton was not the only team to have him.
And teams that live in glass houses (Gally) shouldnt throw stones.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I want him to stick in the NHL because he is going to make solid GIFs if he sticks around.

jesse-puljujarvi-funny.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: NORiculous

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Remember how crazy everyone thought Jarmo Kekäläinen was when he passed over his countryman for Dubois?
Seems like he knew more than most thought.

One of my coworkers and I had this conversation at length.
Why a Finnish GM would pass on a kid who could be the next great Finnish player; unless he knew something.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
We're calling 2016 draftees busts? Guess I will call Jost and Tage Thompson busts too... similar games played, similar production.

A little under half the first round hasn't even played a single NHL games (i.e Alex Nylander)... busts.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
We're calling 2016 draftees busts? Guess I will call Jost and Tage Thompson busts too... similar games played, similar production.

A little under half the first round hasn't even played a single NHL games (i.e Alex Nylander)... busts.

Alex Nylander is the reason part of sweden wants to have new iihf rules regarding europeans in the AHL. 3 years in and he is the 4th best scorer on a dumpster squad. Such development, much wow.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He could have been exactly what he is. A great junior and decent player in the Khl. Remember Edmonton was not the only team to have him.
Did you seriously just suggest that Galchenyuk is a bust?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Gally >>>>> Yak.

Ducksauce

Oct 30, 2010
This couldn’t be more wrong.

Hitchcock had Puljujarvi out in the final minute of a 1-0 game closing out the Flames. Whatever the HF ‘I want him but only cheap and **** you guys if you won’t do it’ mindset on this player is, the organization likes him and the coach trusts him. He’s playing very sound, involved, steady hockey right now on a line with Khaira and RNH and the points are going to come.

He was on the ice, but he shouldn't have been. He blatantly missed an easy pass from Klefbom so instead of icing the game, Calgary got possession back and got another scoring chance. He looked very lackadaisical out there. Getting put in those situation should be good for his development though. He's just not there yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad