Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I don't see EDM getting what they want for him. If he's moved, I guess it's for a similar young player with a potential high upside, or a slightly older player that has more proven, established numbers but a lower perceived ceiling.

A 15 goal, 30 point career RW with baggage isn't netting a strong return based on potential. At least not if I were a GM. He's intriguing enough to reach out and see what the ask is however.

Reactions: SvechNecas

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Value is rock bottom.

Better wait like they did with Yakupov and make sure he's completely ruined beyond any possible repair before trading him for a bag of pucks.

This couldn’t be more wrong.

Hitchcock had Puljujarvi out in the final minute of a 1-0 game closing out the Flames. Whatever the HF ‘I want him but only cheap and f*** you guys if you won’t do it’ mindset on this player is, the organization likes him and the coach trusts him. He’s playing very sound, involved, steady hockey right now on a line with Khaira and RNH and the points are going to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't see EDM getting what they want for him. If he's moved, I guess it's for a similar young player with a potential high upside, or a slightly older player that has more proven, established numbers but a lower perceived ceiling.

A 15 goal, 30 point career RW with baggage isn't netting a strong return based on potential. At least not if I were a GM. He's intriguing enough to reach out and see what the ask is however.

I disagree given that he is 20 years old. And 6'4. Those two things alone will get something decent back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This couldn’t be more wrong.

Hitchcock had Puljujarvi out in the final minute of a 1-0 game closing out the Flames. Whatever the HF ‘I want him but only cheap and **** you guys if you won’t do it’ mindset on this player is, the organization likes him and the coach trusts him.
I didn't make any offer, and I surely don't want him in my team. You may have quoted the wrong guy?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I didn't make any offer, and I surely don't want him in my team. You may have quoted the wrong guy?

No, I’ve got the right guy alright.

Then cool it with the Yakupov garbage. The two players are widely different. Puljujarvi is a sound defensive player that doesn’t shy away from physicality.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think every team wants a free prospect who was recently drafted that high, regardless what you think he might become, or not become.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just wondering what his value might be at this point and if Edmonton would be willing to trade him? What would it take?

Not to be that guy that never addresses the OP, I don’t see much on Tampa that you’d 1) likely be willing to move and 2) I’d have any interest in.

I have absolutely no interest in quantity packages of lesser bits and pieces (which is what 95% of Puljujarvi threads boil down to - see Sikura+Manning offer), and we have no capspace to put together a package to land a guy like Killorn or Johnson.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No, I’ve got the right guy alright.

Then cool it with the Yakupov garbage. The two players are widely different. Puljujarvi is a sound defensive player that doesn’t shy away from physicality.

I said his value is rock bottom (which it is) and to not sell until he's beyond repair (like you guys did with Yakupov). In case that's not clear enough: don't sell low now, keep the f***ing guy.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I said his value is rock bottom (which it is) and to not sell until he's beyond repair (like you guys did with Yakupov). In case that's not clear enough: don't sell low now, keep the ****ing guy.

(It’s not, Hitchcock likes and trusts him and has him on the 2nd line)

Thanks for clarifying your Yakupov standpoint.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I disagree given that he is 20 years old. And 6'4. Those two things alone will get something decent back.
His age and potential would be why I make a call. What "proven" asset, however, are you giving up for him?

Who would you give up on your roster for his potential? Guentzel?

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
This couldn’t be more wrong. You come off like a salty fan that make a crap offer for him and got shut down.

Hitchcock had Puljujarvi out in the final minute of a 1-0 game closing out the Flames. Whatever the HF ‘I want him but only cheap and **** you guys if you won’t do it’ mindset on this player is, the organization likes him and the coach trusts him. He’s playing very sound, involved, steady hockey right now on a line with Khaira and RNH and the points are going to come.

He played under 12 minutes in that game. Doesn't sound like Hitch trusts him too much.

Reactions: PitchNHL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He played under 12 minutes in that game. Doesn't sound like Hitch trusts him too much.

Doesn’t play PK yet, and Hitch hasn’t put him on his PP unit yet. 12 minutes of even strength icetime is fine.

Matthew Tkachuk only played ~12 minutes last night at evens, think the Flames trust him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Don't go overboard.It wasn't and, it was one or the other.Your not getting that type of overpayment.

Read it again, it was Sikura+Manning or Rutta. And no, that’s not at all interesting.

Your opinion of Puljujarvi is well noted. All of HFHabs would give Bergevin’s finest pre chewed gum and your 17th best prospect. Not interested in more offers from Montreal.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Value is rock bottom.

Better wait like they did with Yakupov and make sure he's completely ruined beyond any possible repair before trading him for a bag of pucks.

If his value is rock bottom then how can it go any lower?

I’ll keep our rock bottom player. I’d rather ruin him than see him go to another team at a rock bottom valuation and succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad