Jesse Puljujarvi posing in Pens gear - harmless or just plain dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SychoPat

Feb 24, 2016
London

Attachments

• jessePens.jpeg
    jessePens.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Cant Staap The Kaap

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Maybe he is a penguins fan.
Doesn't matter. When your rights are owned by another team you need to respect it.

There have been players who grew up huge fans of the rival team that they played for. I bet there have been lots of Oilers fans who played close to their entire career with the Flames. You wouldn't see them wearing Oilers gear during their career. There have been huge leafs fans who played most of their career with the Habs and vice versa. They respected the teams they played with too much to do something this stupid.

Reactions: Star Ocean

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Doesn't matter. When your rights are owned by another team you need to respect it.

There have been players who grew up huge fans of the rival team that they played for. I bet there have been lots of Oilers fans who played close to their entire career with the Flames. You wouldn't see them wearing Oilers gear during their career. There have been huge leafs fans who played most of their career with the Habs and vice versa. They respected the teams they played with too much to do something this stupid.
if the guy used his own money to buy the jersey then its to damn bad for the oilers and i am a oilers fan

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Not at all ok when your rights is with another organisation. Are there other players who have been this dumb earlier? I don't think so.
F that. Pulju hasn't signed into NHL nor any team within it. He can stroll the streets of Oulu with zero shits given on how some sports teams conspire between themselves to give each others exclusive privilege to sign his services. Pulju himself hasn't given his rights to any NHL team since 1.7.2019.

Likewise he can wear Minsk Dynamo gear regardless of if Nitzny Novgorod presume to have his KHL rights.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

You might not see them. Besides, he is a free agent whose rights are being held.

Reactions: pan43

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
To be fair it looks he might be wearing an Oilers woolly hat. Of course it could be New York Knicks as well. Which would be blatantly disrespectful against the whole NHL, Pulju suddenly wanting to be a basketball player.

Last edited:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Not sure how to think about this.

Its harmless and I dont think for a second he has any ill wish for that Picture. Obviously your loyalty lies for your team, and not the Jersey.

But if a Caps player wore another NHL teams gear like this I would not be happy with it, even though everyone knows lot of these guys have childhood favourite teams elsewhere. Its not a big thing, but its just a little disrespectful towards the passionate fanbase.

Jesse obviously doesnt mean it to be disrespectful but it Still is. Especially since he has not made it easy for the Oilers fans earlier either.

And its another Small red flag for any NHL team looking the options of taking "a risk" with him.

Reactions: mattihp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad