Rumor: Jesse Puljujarvi Part 3: Maybe He Picked Out His Brain Through His Nose One Lick at a Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Yak bought a house here and his sister moved in w him. His soul reason as per him was so he could exellerate his English over the summer and to absorb the NA way of life.

JP, for guy who walks home alone carrying 80 pounds of equipment, it's not rocket appliances he could use some NA culturing to help him mesh w his team

Excellllll.....Excellllerate yourrrrr breath

61VzbCzFzVL._SL1000_.jpg

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
A little off topic but this is exactly why people should be engaged/concerned about how our educational system is implemented. Currently our next generation is turning into a bunch of entitled brats because they always get "participation marks" and teachers aren't allowed to give them zeroes, even if they don't even show up to school.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

I was the worst natural skater you ever saw. Scored my first goal in second year pewee before I eventually went on to become top scorer in bantam.

In my SIXTH year of hockey I won my first trophy. Do you think I appreciated that trophy? I won lots afterward but at 49 I still have that first one. Because it meant the world to me. Kids today will never understand that and to me that is a crying shame.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This post is absolutely awesome. And it’s terrifying. I can’t believe what we’re doing to our children.
Classic helicopter parenting. From the parents that figure its a crime out there whenever a child cries and you gotta bring hell and fury in defense. The same parents due this throughout the children's education which has transformed the entire career experience of educators if not education itself.

The terrible thing is you wouldn't detect something like this too often in an interview. Most interview techniques to not out this kind of thing. Some warning signs though is a parent that has brought a young adult to an interview and/or is also waiting for them.

I've interviewed lots of people for professional roles. I like to throw in some hot seat wrinkles. Ask some tough questions, or even a couple challenging questions in an interview. To gauge reaction.

Years ago I applied for a position as a Probation Officer. Knowing the role is tough, and requiring somebody unflappable and with backbone one of the 4 people interviewing candidates was what is called a "confederate" The persons role in the interview was specifically to be verbally aggressive, critical, the person kept asking me how I picked that tie, "its awful looking, and if you're going to wear a tie to an interview at least tie it with a tight knot" (The tie was perfectly done) Knowing techniques I simply replied "your role in the interview is to gauge my reaction to inciting questions right?" The person stopped, the interview proceeded without nonsense.

Such tactics probably less advised today, people would complain to the Human Rights Commission.

Last edited:
Reactions: SavesFromKosko

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Durned entitled kids ruining society 1 avocado toast at a time. Back in my day you had toast and you had avocados. Sure as heckin no one combining the two

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The larger question is, "why did you wear a clip-on to the interview?":nod::D
heh, I can tie my tie, and my shoelaces. I'll never forget that interview. The person doing it was a character so best of times for him probably. I think he was pretty much in character and in his element;)

I joked later about that it was a Scottish tie and damned to be wearing a tie of barbarians in civilized society. we realized we're probably both characters..;)

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Thats the problem right there. I recently listened to a political podcast and they relayed a story that went viral...it was about a millennial who was training to be an editor. She gave some work to her boss to check over and her boss highlighted a word that was spelled incorrectly. The 20 something year old woman said to her boss that she didnt agree with the notation that this word was spelled incorrectly..she told her boss that she had always spelled that word that way.
The word has hamster...the woman spelled it with a 'P;....hampster.
Her boss (also a woman) recommended that they look up the spelling of the word together and that made no difference to the 20 year old....she insisted that the way she spelled the word was right because she always spelled it that way. The 20 year old broke down in tears and excused herself from the meeting with her boss. She then called her MOM from the general work area (she worked in a cubicle) and spoke to her on speaker phone so all of her co-workers could hear the conversation.
She told her mom what happened and her Mom told her that she was right and that she should go over hers bosses head and complain that she was being treated unfairly.
Its amazing to me how this person was even hired for this job....her toxic attitude should have been highlighted in the interview process.

My point in sharing this is that when you raise entitled kids they will have no capacity to handle adversity and they will have a sense of entitlement that precludes them from being accountable for their actions. It will always be someone elses fault.
Many people support this type of flawed and ultimately destructive thinking.

This situation with Jesse looks similar to me in the sense that they has been absolutely no accountability from Jesse on anything....its always been someone elses (the team..the coach...etc) fault. Very similar to Yakupov before him.

I have to say much in the same way I would not want that 2o year old woman on my publishing team I would also not want a player like Jesse on my hockey team.

This once again speaks to the interview process. Hopefully this team under Holland has adjusted the obvious flaws that allowed for players like Yakupov and Puljujarvi to be drafted.
No offense but that story sounds like one of those load of bull stories shared on facebook.

You know what the real problem is? That's some generalized **** right there. That would be like me saying baby boomers believe too much bull. They've been fed bull their whole lives raised by the television. They share and believe any contrived story shared on facebook. They just eat up.

Generalized.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This post is absolutely awesome. And it’s terrifying. I can’t believe what we’re doing to our children.

Its quite a story and its representative of many young adults out there who have no capacity to hold themselves accountable.
The pendulum has swung way too far from a parenting perspective. I get that we want to protect our kids and their self esteem but its gotten to the point of being counter productive...even toxic.
These kids will have a major problem in life...especially dealing with adversity and critically thinking.

I could spin this off into a statement about how politics is shaping this 'feelings are the priority' mentality but I am going to use some restraint. :nod:

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No offense but that story sounds like one of those load of bull stories shared on facebook.

You know what the real problem is? That's some generalized **** right there. That would be like me saying baby boomers believe too much bull. They've been fed bull their whole lives raised by the television. They share and believe any contrived story shared on facebook. They just eat up.

Generalized.

I think you are missing the point here. There has been a shift...pretty obvious really you just have to pay attention.
Lots of evidence out there for this type of mindset especially politically.
If you choose not to believe it then c'est la vie.

Reactions: KMart27

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If kids gets to work-force age and have never been yelled at, have never experienced failure, and have never had expectations placed upon then, they are going to fold up like a lawn chair. Men are virtually absent from the education system as well. It’s not all doom and gloom and kids today are generally fine and dandy, as they've always been, but it’s pretty comical how the “everyone gets a ribbon” policy and “nobody fails” has unintended consequences.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If kids gets to work-force age and have never been yelled at, have never experienced failure, and have never had expectations placed upon then, they are going to fold up like a lawn chair. Men are virtually absent from the education system as well. It’s not all doom and gloom and kids today are generally fine and dandy, as they've always been, but it’s pretty comical how the “everyone gets a ribbon” policy and “nobody fails” has unintended consequences.

IMO it's important to teach kids to give their best. Whether they win a championship or don't win a game, you can't ask any more than them giving it their all. IMO everyone needs some tough love/a kick in the ass sometimes because life isn't always sunshine and rainbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad