Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 3: Hard times

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Ya no way to know how he is learning unless you guess.
I meant you can’t know how he’s learning or his effort level.

Guessing doesn’t help you know if he’s learning or how hard he is trying to learn. Listening to interviews from Finland where he says he worked very hard on it in the offseason and everyday it’s getting better will help you know.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
yeah, pretty sure he means:

There is no way to know; you can only guess. As in, like, no one knows. Don't think he's saying guessing is the conduit to knowing.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I thought he had a really good game vs Chicago actually. It's not like a coming out party like what Koskinen had, but he had some good D-zone plays and came close to contributing on scoring plays as well.

Reactions: Aerchon

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I thought he had a really good game vs Chicago actually. It's not like a coming out party like what Koskinen had, but he had some good D-zone plays and came close to contributing on scoring plays as well.

i didnt' see that
by my eye he's just gotten worse with the added pressure

some people have mentioned he has started screening.....whoop dee f***in doo.

his confidence looks gone.......he fumbles pucks....skates weird....doesn't have any chemistry with his line......doesn't forecheck physically......his board play has actually gotten worse from what i've seen......this is worse than yakupov.

I'm not sure another team would trade a player that is better on the hope that he improves.....because he hasn't improved.

Reactions: Daryls Nose

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland

Man, he really needs to get some attitude. Going in each shift with an attempt to get one of the enemies into hospital, so to speak. Shove any opponent closer than arms length away down to the ground. Cover the goalie in ice. Keep on poking with the stick until the ref blows the whistle. Punch TMac if needed. Get aggressive and show them who's the boss.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
i didnt' see that

some people have mentioned he has started screening.....whoop dee ****in doo.

his confidence looks gone.......he fumbles pucks....skates weird....doesn't have any chemistry with his line......doesn't forecheck physically......his board play has actually gotten worse from what i've seen......this is worse than yakupov.

I'm not sure another team would trade a player that is better on the hope that he improves.....because he hasn't improved.

Such a terrible post in so many ways.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Why do you reference the Edmonton Journal like it means something? We've all got eyeballs, we all watched the game; they aren't independent arbiters they have biases like we all do and have traditionally been easier on the kids than the vets with their gradings for the better part of the last 20 years far as I can remember.

The fact of the matter is Jesse wasn't bad for a player having sat out a while, but he was tentative and didn't put his stamp on the game in any meaningful that would prevent him from getting sat out again. His performance last night was not a performance that helps cement his place on the team which is what we want out of him.

When Edmonton Journal has something positive, it’s always referenced.

When Edmonton Journal mentions something negative, it’s gotta be ignored.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The vibe I've gotten over these past few years is that this kid is just absolutely alone when he's in Edmonton. He's alone. Gotta suck.

Good teammates should take him under their wing. We have enough European players on the team that he should be well looked after in the room IMO. Klef, Larsson, Koskinen, Rieder and Drai should be helping to make him feel at home as should his NA born teammates.

Reactions: A91 and Studz

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
i didnt' see that

some people have mentioned he has started screening.....whoop dee ****in doo.

Turn the TV on next time, might help.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
The vibe I've gotten over these past few years is that this kid is just absolutely alone when he's in Edmonton. He's alone. Gotta suck.

Seems like it unfortunately. Until recently not many of the Oilers were even following him back on Instagram, I checked this summer! (Big deal for this generation)

Reactions: Paul Maurice

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I mean if Caggiula keeps looking like last night Caggiula then that's a great idea lol
He has looked outstanding all year.

Both goals last night, the last 2 years he would of fired them into about the 30th row, he's playing with lots of confidence.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He has looked outstanding all year.

Both goals last night, the last 2 years he would of fired them into about the 30th row, he's playing with lots of confidence.
His hard work is paying off.

It's something I hope Pulju can learn from too. Caggiula even in his terrible games worked his ass off. Good days, bad days he would go out and do his all. Didn't always work for him, would make mistakes miss his shots etc, but every night Caggiula would try and do somrthing positive for his team.

Puljujarvi should take a note. And I think Todd would love it to. He has tons of skills but sometimes he can't put it together but if he puts in a hard effort every night, the points will come and the coaches will love him for it.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Such a terrible post in so many ways.
I actually agree with a lot of it. Jesse's body language is showing a guy with little to no confidence. The awkward kid that we didn't see at all in the preseason was back on full display in Chicago. I don't think this kid is worse than Yakupov in any way. His attention to detail is miles ahead of where Nail's was. But he looks like Bambi out there when the puck is on his stick. For a guy who was slated to go top three in his draft year, that shit is mind-boggling.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I actually agree with a lot of it. Jesse's body language is showing a guy with little to no confidence. The awkward kid that we didn't see at all in the preseason was back on full display in Chicago. I don't think this kid is worse than Yakupov in any way. His attention to detail is miles ahead of where Nail's was. But he looks like Bambi out there when the puck is on his stick. For a guy who was slated to go top three in his draft year, that **** is mind-boggling.

People acting like he’s Alex Plante out there really need to pay more attention.

I’m not surprised he looked a bit tentative and lacking confidence after being a HS for 4 straight games. He knows that if he screws up at all he’s out of the lineup again. He has zero margin for error.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
People acting like he’s Alex Plante out there really need to pay more attention.

I’m not surprised he looked a bit tentative and lacking confidence after being a HS for 4 straight games. He knows that if he screws up at all he’s out of the lineup again. He has zero margin for error.
He needed to bury that Strome feed. I don't blame him for looking crestfallen.

That whole line needs to get off the schneid.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He needed to bury that Strome feed. I don't blame him for looking crestfallen.

That whole line needs to get off the schneid.

Strome needed to bury one of the three great chances that Puljujarvi set him up for in the first half of the game. A nice primary assist or two would have helped as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad