Jesse Puljujarvi dresses up as Ice Spice…….

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
RnAtChzIt7j2TIh4n7lk9YeKsoHeuoMias7R5IVOxSc.jpg

Edit: let's see 'Ice Spice' do that

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Their point wasn’t that you can’t laugh, their point is lamenting how they have never heard of Ice Spice, how they do not care who she is, is exactly the kinda thing your parents woulda said when they saw what you were young.

Being out of touch with trends and cultures isn’t something to be proud of, and don’t take this as an attack. Cultural osmosis is important and if in your 30s that’s already stagnating, then it’s time to diversify what you listen to, the people you hang out with, etc.
I'm in my late 20s and I don't have a clue what kids like or follow, nor do I care. I care more about experiencing cultures around the world, regardless of age, than I do about "youth culture" in Canada.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No, I never experienced Teemu Selänne dressing up as ginger spice, that was my point. Hockey is getting soft.
Not soft. Weird. I mean maybe I would dress up as a lady to get a few cheap laughs but to put that much effort into it just seems off to me.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Their point wasn’t that you can’t laugh, their point is lamenting how they have never heard of Ice Spice, how they do not care who she is, is exactly the kinda thing your parents woulda said when they saw what you were young.

Being out of touch with trends and cultures isn’t something to be proud of, and don’t take this as an attack. Cultural osmosis is important and if in your 30s that’s already stagnating, then it’s time to diversify what you listen to, the people you hang out with, etc.

Commercialization has certainly won if you are to the point of thinking awareness of current pop culture is mandatory in later generations.

I say this as someone who hates the generational talking-down of younger generations.

Young people are into young people things. It should be respected. Not being as up to date with younger generations on what celebrity is most relevant at a given moment is hardly not normal. Or acceptable. Again, commercialized pop culture should not be this big of an impact in anyone’s life IMO. Trying to tell people that they should know it conveys a very naive, small world perspective to me.

You’re very much stretching the social osmosis (never heard of cultural osmosis) thing you talk about.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Is he looking for a contract with the newly formed women's league ?
Lmfao. I see a hollywood script in the making.

"A once highly touted Finnish ice-hockey Superstar loses his spot in the big leagues due to performance/attitude and an unfortunate double hip surgery. Now his only road back to glory is to join the only club that will take him - a struggling but sassy all women's hockey team situated in the Bronx. He'll learn to love, he'll learn to care and most importantly he'll learn to take no guff from no man. Hilarious hijinks ensue."

• Haha
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
And to be frank, I'm more embarrassed for the knob larping as Pete Davidson in this photo. Show some self respect my man.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Alanis Morrissette was great, that whole cd was. TF you talking about?
Littered with awards for the album and was a top artist of the entire decade and somehow being compared to Ice Spice. I'm not AM stan but the fact is the shittiest song on Jagged Little Pill has more accolades than anything Ice Spice has made. All you need to be famous is 2023 is have a big ass.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Also cultural osmosis of what? shitty rappers, awful movies, and tiktok stars?

It still takes a Christopher Nolan, Scorsese, or Ridley Scott (Napoleon looks sick) to make a decent movie nowadays - Gerwig isn't some brand new director either. Our pop culture isn't as incredible as it used to be and other countries have caught up, we're importing pop culture at a higher level than ever before.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Also cultural osmosis of what? shitty rappers, awful movies, and tiktok stars?

It still takes Christopher Nolan, Scorsese, or Ridley Scott to make a decent movie nowadays. Our pop culture isn't as incredible as it used to be and other countries have caught up, we're importing pop culture at a higher level than ever before.
Can't watch Scorcese's newer stuff. Still a genius, but he does not have a finger on the pulse. His three or four last movies are unnecessarily long and won't hold up well as they age.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Can't watch Scorcese's newer stuff. Still a genius, but he does not have a finger on the pulse. His three or four last movies are unnecessarily long and won't hold up well as they age.
I still have to watch Killers of a Flower Moon but I personally can watch a 3.5 hour movie and not think it's "too long" - I feel the same way about ridley scott but after watching Napoleon trailer I put him there.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I still have to watch Killers of a Flower Moon but I personally can watch a 3.5 hour movie and not think it's "too long" - I feel the same way about ridley scott but after watching Napoleon trailer I put him there.
I can watch 3,5h movies, but the Irishman and Killers got nothing more from being so long as opposed to being slightly longer than 2h.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad