Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi | His Mouth Contain His Tongue Only When He Eats Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Last Pizza Pool Party thread surpassed 1k and we're reinstating the 1K post limits.

So time to start another thread dedicated to my favorite pizza eating goal scoring Finn.

X6lJNSE.jpg

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Last Pizza Pool Party thread surpassed 1k and we're reinstating the 1K post limits.

So time to start another thread dedicated to my favorite pizza eating goal scoring Finn.

X6lJNSE.jpg

Oh? 1k is back? What changed?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I'm worried that he ends up biting his tongue off when he gets hit.

Should really stop doing it. It's dangerous.

Reactions: 780il

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Getting condifence up for Pulju should be one of Todds priorities, getting him going is the biggest addition they could do.

I agree 100%. And while some of this is clearly up to Todd, I'd say 90% of it is up to Pulju. Learn English, get serious about life here and conditioning, and come to camp in beast mode. It's time to live up to the hype, and no matter how great you were as a Finnish Junior, you aren't anything here til you step the F up and perform. I hope the switch flicks ON. It's up to him.

Reactions: 780il and frag2

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree 100%. And while some of this is clearly up to Todd, I'd say 90% of it is up to Pulju. Learn English, get serious about life here and conditioning, and come to camp in beast mode. It's time to live up to the hype, and no matter how great you were as a Finnish Junior, you aren't anything here til you step the F up and perform. I hope the switch flicks ON. It's up to him.

Pulju has his work to do, and I don't think that's going to be a problem.

If I remember right Todds priority 31 at one point of the season was to get Lucic going, while throwing Pulju around the lineup, to me that's not smart.
Kids need stability, confidence is everything to prospects/young players.

So hopefully Pulju works like hell, Todd gives him an honest chance in the top6 with real pp time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Guy is going to be like 6'4 225 when he fills out.

Absolute unit.

Would be nice if he ever managed to use the massive frame.

Its the fight in the dog as is often stated. Pulju more often looks happy and content just to be here. Work ethic on the ice is very questionable.

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Would be nice if he ever managed to use the massive frame.

Its the fight in the dog as is often stated. Pulju more often looks happy and content just to be here. Work ethic on the ice is very questionable.

Been repeating the 2nd last point all season when he just laughs at taking a penalty, always out of position, zero emotion or drive. So many posters got triggered and now even Spec and Simpson repeating the same points.

He has to play like he has a chip on his shoulder. Rattie, who was relegated to scrub tier, managed to take over his spot and I’d wager Yamamoto is getting closer and closer as well.

While I don’t want to say it’s now or never (since who knows, maybe he’s an extremely late bloomer), gotta show progress and consistency

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There’s a Rattie thread somewhere you can put this. :)

Sorry, can’t hear you, being happy about Pulju!

I'll be glad to be happy about Pulju, but it requires him doing something other than eating pizza and grinning. Hopefully it happens for him. We need it to.

Back to the WC thread...

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
It will be such an oiler thing to do to ship him out because he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder or isn't physical enough for how big he is.

Then as he scores 40-50 points a year for a decade "why couldn't he do that on the oilers"

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I still think he'd really benefit from a slightlty shorter stick? Anyone know if Hall ever shortened his? I remember us discussing the same issue for him back in the day. It really seemed like the long stick made it difficult for him to handle the puck cleanly.

Hall didn't seem to have any of those problems last season so maybe it's a matter of cleaning up skills over time. In which case I am fairly confident Pulju will clean that part of his game up as he's totally committed to training. Not sure he'll develop better reads or compete level though. He did go to the net a decent amount last year I'll note however.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It will be such an oiler thing to do to ship him out because he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder or isn't physical enough for how big he is.

Then as he scores 40-50 points a year for a decade "why couldn't he do that on the oilers"

I think with Pulju it isn't about being physical enough or gritty enough. It's about putting in the same effort into every single shift. I'm not sure we've seen that kind of consistency out of Puljujarvi in more than a game or two in his NHL career. You see some shifts where he's an absolute beast along the boards and on the forcheck. And then other shifts where he's content to throw a stick check in and call it a day. He's not Chris Pronger out there playing 30+ minutes a night. He doesn't need to conserve his energy.

I don't care if he never throws another hit in his life. But he can't be one hand shovel passing pucks through the neutral zone because he hasn't taken that extra step.

I don't even think it is laziness. His pace is just off right now.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Ya just look at JVR. He’s like 6’3, 220 lbs, plays soft, floats, and got traded at a young age. Yet despite his flaws, he broke out at 24 as a guy capable of 60+.

Reactions: PulYou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad