Jesse Puljujärvi has 4th most goals among Oilers players and has a 40 pt pace

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Pulju scored his 14th goal of the season (its his bd today by the way)
14 goals is 4th most among Oilers players; Nurse 16, Draisaitl 28, McDavid 31

Pulju also having his best season, point wisely, full 82 game pace; 40 points.

But what's ive been reading of late, his game, not goal and point scoring,
actually been the dominant one on the ice.

That's been good to read, all these positive things been said about Puju,
even McJeesus himself, is saying high praising words about him.
- good stuff

Dude is still very young and finally it seems his body is maturing to the NHL level hockey,
still has lots to improve, so i'm guessing that's what he'll do in the summer and next season;
keep improving.

Can't wait what happens to Pulju next season!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would be nice if het hits 50+ next year.
With that& his play without the puck he’d be a real impact player for Edmonton

He still looks like a guy who’s going to hit his peak later.

Reactions: flyerslducks

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Glad he finally found some rhythm in the NHL but...

In the last full season, 40 pts would put him 167th in scoring, tied with Micheal Ferland, Duncan Keith and Alex Kilorn. There’s still a gap between playing well and playing dominant. I hope he can build on it without pressure.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Next season against the whole league will show if this is the start of something. We will see what other defenses throw at him.

giphy.gif

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013

What? I am not crapping on the guy! Oiler fans were as dissatisfied with his play as any other hockey fan after he was picked so high.

I am just saying let's see more during a full regular season (and alignment) never said he was bad dude.

I am happy for the kid.

Reactions: deleted user

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
What? I am not crapping on the guy! Oiler fans were as dissatisfied with his play as any other hockey fans after he was picked so high.

I am just saying let's see more during a full regular season (and alignment) never said he was bad dude.

Do you post this about all the Leafs players having a “better” years this year?

I expect this from posters of teams from non-North divisions. I am so sick and tired of reading of the North division being so crap defensively... maybe it’s because the offensive players in this division are younger, superior and still developing. I would bet anyone that the teams in the West this year will be proven to be the overall worst teams in the league next year.... and most of them will be in the Oiler’s division and we’ll have to hear this crap again to dismiss any Oiler having a good year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
First off, glad to see that he's starting to hit the scoresheet more regularly. Especially the 14 goals, which would be a solid 20+ goal season.

Having said that, I think that kind of highlights the lack of depth the Oilers currently have when 14 goals on the season and a 40 point pace is a big deal. If the Oil make noise in the playoffs, it's gonna have to be shades of the 2009 Pens with two guys carrying the offensive load.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013

I expect this from posters of teams from non-North divisions. I am so sick and tired of reading of the North division being so crap defensively... maybe it’s because the offensive players in this division are younger, superior and still developing. I would bet anyone that the teams in the West this year will be proven to be the overall worst teams in the league next year.... and most of them will be in the Oiler’s division and we’ll have to hear this crap again to dismiss any Oiler having a good year.

I post it about any division and all players including my own. The divisional alignment definitely skews numbers and that's fine because at least we have hockey thankfully. I am so over these divisions.

I get what you are saying though, I apologize I came off like a dick, I just want to see more of him against the whole league over an 82, but I have zero against him at all, he is a good kid and I am happy to be wrong ( I thought he would never do well in the league)

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

Since the divisions are closed, the bragging rights come according to playoff success.

It's nearly impossible to compare teams if they haven't played each other. On paper VGK looks like the superior team, but in reality they always get outplayed by the Wild.

Reactions: TopChedder

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Good for him to be getting it, but it's also a case of the Oilers depth sucks

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I post it about any division and all players including my own. The divisional alignment definitely skews numbers and that's fine because at least we have hockey thankfully. I am so over these divisions.

I get what you are saying though, I apologize I came off like a dick, I just want to see more of him against the whole league over an 82, but I have zero against him at all, he is a good kid and I am happy to be wrong ( I thought he would never do well in the league)

Fair enough. I apologize as well.

Honestly just exhausted from reading “the North is crap” comment on the first page of anything positive about an Oiler player. I am sure you understand. Every division has some terrible teams and I wouldn’t be surprised to see all of TML and Oiler very top guys have similar years next year.

Cheers man.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Fair enough. I apologize as well.

Honestly just exhausted from reading “the North is crap” comment on the first page of anything positive about an Oiler player. I am sure you understand. Every division has some terrible teams and I wouldn’t be surprised to see all of TML and Oiler very top guys have similar years next year.

Cheers man.

No worries man! I totally understand and get it.

Posters have been ruthless this year about the north, it's in every thread. I guess maybe I was never a fan of the divisions in the sense that we as fans wouldn't get a full read on the competition and that people would discount a lot. But in reality the year has been good and we as fans got to watch the game we love.

I think our players on both teams come back even better next year. Maybe a few points off totals (more competition) but grow a lot in many other ways as well :)

With regards to Puli I am happy to see him putting in the work and getting positive results.

Cheers

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Puljujarvi - 14 goals
Laine - 12 goals
Dubois - 12 goals
Tkachuk - 10 goals

:sarcasm:

Honestly, I am kinda happy to see him above Laine lol not that I wish bad on any players career, but I just like it, and one player works so much harder than the other to improve.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Scores less than half a point per game while playing next to McDavid and Draisaitl.

Whee.

Not his job to interfere with their scoring to start with. Like Gino Cavallini who was a fan favorite playing with Hull and Oates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad