Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Tampa and Florida’s lack of picks won’t hurt them in the next three years. Then we have contracts up for renewal that if not renewed would cause us to decline.

I believe the Borg needed to be more aggressive at the deadline/this year since the opportunity to win was there.
I was really, really, really, really hoping they were going to target Copp at the deadline. And he very well could be the piece that helped push the Rongos into the ECF.

At the same time the price was steep and having already used their 1st on the offer sheet there likely wasn’t a deal to be made. Was that first better spent on a young centers possible long term potential? Or would it have been better utilized as for a stud deadline acquisition? I’m a firm believer that Drury could have handled KK’s role this year. I do believe some of the offer sheet was retaliation for the Aho situation, but what’s done is done and hopefully this move sets them up for more long term success.

And as @Boom Boom Apathy says their window is the next two seasons imo. It’s going to be tough to keep this current core together after that.

I also think some of their inactivity at the deadline stems from Rod. He was pretty full on “we like our group” this year, but that’s a completely different discussion, for a different time and place.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Tampa and Florida’s lack of picks won’t hurt them in the next three years. Then we have contracts up for renewal that if not renewed would cause us to decline.

I believe the Borg needed to be more aggressive at the deadline/this year since the opportunity to win was there.
The picks themselves wouldn’t be playing the next 3 years but it greatly reduces the capital they have for future deadline moves.

How many teams want a 2025 draft pick for their top 6 forward at the 2023 deadline?

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The picks themselves wouldn’t be playing the next 3 years but it greatly reduces the capital they have for future deadline moves.

How many teams want a 2025 draft pick for their top 6 forward at the 2023 deadline?
Most GMs wouldn’t be around in 2 years if they are selling at the TDL unless hey are early in a rebuild. In you are 3 years in, by year 5 the owner is going to expect a turnaround and if you don’t deliver that you are gone.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Most GMs wouldn’t be around in 2 years if they are selling at the TDL unless hey are early in a rebuild. In you are 3 years in, by year 5 the owner is going to expect a turnaround and if you don’t deliver that you are gone.
Doesn't that agree with my point: the team selling the rental wants more immediate picks, not picks 2-3 years down the line.

Carolina will have plenty of 2023 and 2024 picks from 1st down to potentially use this off-season or during the year. Florida and Tampa will not.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario

probably Arizona, still a few years from moving into an actual NHL sized Arena, Montreal for Dvorak? about 5-6 other teams in a retool/rebuild at the moment, other teams starting to position themselves to contend for a playoff spot, the end of free agency will let everyone know who is making a push for the playoffs right out of the gate (start of the season) .enjoy the summer everyone, enjoy life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad