Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
K4IbaZx.gif

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He is maintaining that .5 PPG pace. If he could do that over the course of a whole year that would be phenomenal.

Kids vision and IQ are top end, and he has the skill set to execute.

Reactions: dralaf

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Not sure how to check this, but do we have the most productive 3rd line in the nhl? We’ve gotta be up there if not.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Love the kids reaction, all these other clowns swiping the ice and glass diving and KK scores a huge goal ahead goal and he just drops his hands by his side and skates off to give props to the passer like he's a 10 year vet

Great instincts on the play to stop in front of the net instead of keep skating across too

yeah I like that he's not a douche bag.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The bottom line is that Kotka's current usage (sheltered 3rd line minutes and 2nd unit PP) is hardly hurting his progression. Putting too much on his plate would be the worst thing we could do.

How do you think they would do that?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Giving him first line minutes where he'd have to matchup with the leagues best and have get exposed and lose confidence. The kid is barely 18 and playing in the NHL and gaining confidence everygame. We just need to stay the course and he'll progress as he does.

Playing with better wingers doesn't have to mean 1st line minutes with tough defensive match ups.

I believe confidence is everything for kids, Kotka in the O-zone with the best wingers would help him to build his confidence while Danault takes the defensive minutes, like the Jets with Lowry and Laine.
Lowry- Armia shutdown line, Laine line offensive.

Now they are playing the defensive C with the best offensive wingers on the roster and the offensive C with limited offensive talent.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Playing with better wingers doesn't have to mean 1st line minutes with tough defensive match ups.

I believe confidence is everything for kids, Kotka in the O-zone with the best wingers would help him to build his confidence while Danault takes the defensive minutes, like the Jets with Lowry and Laine.

Now they are playing the defensive C with the best wingers on the roster and the offensive C with limited offensive talent.
Lehkonen litterally gifted a goal to Kotka last night, come on.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Now they are playing the defensive C with the best offensive wingers on the roster and the offensive C with limited offensive talent.
This makes too much sense for Claude to understand.

B4E3EC3E-2533-46E0-B50C-30C78213131C.gif

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
So what, that's 1 goal, that doesn't change that he's playing with limited offensive talent, Armia/Byron/Lehkonen aren't known 60 point players.

Lehks, is pretty snake bitten, but he's not some offensive black hole, imo he is the perfect winger for Kotka, hard working, positionally sound, great defensively with some offensive tools as well. I think he will break out in due time.

Reactions: Rapala

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lehks, is pretty snake bitten, but he's not some offensive black hole, imo he is the perfect winger for Kotka, hard working, positionally sound, great defensively with some offensive tools as well. I think he will break out in due time.

I'm not saying Lehkonen is garbage, but he's not a high end offensive player and he's the best winger Kotka has.
If you want keep Lehkonen there but add a better winger to his Lw or Rw.

I bet he'd get more chances/points with a better linemate/linemates, too many plays die for no reason.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
So what, that's 1 goal, that doesn't change that he's playing with limited offensive talent, Armia/Byron/Lehkonen aren't known 60 point players.
Byrons a 20 goal man lol

Kadri played with McLaren and Orr when he came into the league, Lehkonen and Byron/Armia is hardly some death sentence. You guys just need some patience, he'll move up the lineup in due time.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Kinda makes me think we lucked out not winning last year's draft lottery. This kid is exactly what we were looking for. A big centre with skill, insane vision and HIQ, and in a few years, size. We should be thrilled to have him, a future superstar.

Maybe in 30 years, Réjean Houle will finally see his number retired. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Lehk is perfect for KK at this point. Great work ethic decent hands and IQ highly appreciated by management and team mates alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad