Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Yes on the previous one it was.

And he's been amazing and beautiful player, that smile is very contagious!

Yes, he's very creative and has a great attitude. He looks like a stud, I'm hoping he keeps on improving because he's already pretty good.

I like how he often finds a way to create space for himself in tight situations. He's got crafty hands but he should shoot more sometimes.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
the guy once he fills out and continues to improve his skills damn we might really have a mini malkin fusioned with lidstrom defensive vision.. but im scared of being injuried.. the other day when he collied knee to knee.. damn that was scary and later on the same game he went flying ackwardly on the board.. if Kotka gets injuried it will be the begining of the real end for Bergevin.. kid can play but his body is still not ready. yet he still play with flashes of brilliance.. not like a chicken without head like Drouin seems to be doing 50% of a game.. be somewhere on the ice for a purpose. not just to turn around the rink.. your making tou linemates more dizzy than the oponents lol

this guy will be the perfect center in 2 years from now.

#stocked

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's nice that we have a great forward prospect that we're all excited about.

I'm somehow not particularly worried about Julien holding back Kotkaniemi. I know that Therrien held back Galchenyuk, and that Julien held back Seguin, but this feels different. Domi and Danault are not equivalent to Bergeron and Kreijci. Also, Julien is a smart guy, I think that he's likely to have learned from the Seguin situation. He also seems to like Kotkaniemi.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

I'm somehow not particularly worried about Julien holding back Kotkaniemi. I know that Therrien held back Galchenyuk, and that Julien held back Seguin, but this feels different. Domi and Danault are not equivalent to Bergeron and Kreijci. Also, Julien is a smart guy, I think that he's likely to have learned from the Seguin situation. He also seems to like Kotkaniemi.
The key thing I see is that Kotka is he's defensively responsible which Julien loves, so I agree with you that he won't be held back.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I think the thing with Seguin had more to do with off ice antics. I don’t think there have been reports of the same with Kotkaniemi unless Claude has an issue with skinny jeans and ninja outfits.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Domi and Danault are not equivalent to the Boston duo, yet, Danault still plays ahead of Kotkaniemi.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
Nice to see increased pp time. Felt like juliens been giving him more time the past few games. This is where he should be playing alot. Confidence is already coming

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Kid's got sweet hands and as he matures will absolutely make defenseman look bad, will be fun to watch develop. Hopefully they don't screw up what looks like a nearly can't miss star in the making. I'm trying to contain my excitement as we don't have a great history with nice things...

Last edited:

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Someone honestly need to put all the incredible things he has done during this season and collage it to one video, and watch the amazing skilled tall centre that the Montreal has, like the habs have him, it's amazing.

Loving every moment I see him on the ice regardless of bad plays, looking at him and seeing the future it seems he will be an amazing player! In that period of time I hope he gets way better team mates that could shoot and score

Reactions: dralaf

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Agreed. I'm not concerned about it either. I'm just happy that he's being used as a center.

I think ultimately he needs to be moved up the lineup into Danault's spot sometime in the 2nd half of the season if he continues to play well. Until then though, I'm happy.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Insane moves. Can’t wait for the gif compilation. It’s like he knows when to deke so he can land it.

yeah where's the GIF guy? he hasn't been around in awhile. Maybe we didn't show him enough love?

I would like to see a line switch between Danault and Kotka.

Just imagine how much it would improve our team to see a more mature Kotka between Tatar and Gallagher. Fun times ahead.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He does so many subtle things on the ice that if you're just watching casually will go right over your head.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There are some things he showed last night which leads me to believe this kid is gonna be unreal once he gets it all together.

Also, there's this same kinda pleasure of playing the game that PK had. That passion.

He's gonna be special.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hes been pretty invisible the last like 4 games

What are you talking about?

He had a good game against the Islanders and pre that, Rangers game was quiet.

It's a shame that with Armia injury his linemates will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad