Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If I could defend some fans though....you know the professionnals know best? Well the day professionnals decided that a 18 year old, your future top end C doesn't need 1 more year in Finland and 1 more year in the AHL to play the position we want him to be while he wasn't playing there in the league he was playing in.....you AUTOMATICALLY put a target on a kid's head and you AUTOMATICALLY ask your fans to HAVE expectations.

ESPECIALLY when you cannot pronounce the word REBUILD.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
People saying linemates are irrelevant for his progressing are complete morons.

Kotk has been mis handled from day one. The perfect example of how to handle a top player. Is mikko ratananen.

1 year in the ahl with 1st line then when he's brought up he's put ON THE 1ST LINE not grinding his way up. Because that's the roll he was practicing.

This calling him up giving him no bodys on his wing. Is utter trash mentality.

Line should be set in STONE

Toffoli Suzuki armia
Andersin kotk goalfield
Lek danault evans
Frolik Staal perry

The only adjustment for the top 2 lines would be Gallagher inplace of armia. But I still don't like putting 3 right handed shots together.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Sorry man...how does a GM, not us, but a GM believes a deal was in place making it fine to lose a kid to waivers...and the deal didn't happen? Also....why in the world would you get yourself a DeAngelo when CHARACTER is supposed to be at the top of your list?

I have no idea why Bergevin is often the victim of his own moves....

Hypocrisy breeds bad karma

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If I could defend some fans though....you know the professionnals know best? Well the day professionnals decided that a 18 year old, your future top end C doesn't need 1 more year in Finland and 1 more year in the AHL to play the position we want him to be while he wasn't playing there in the league he was playing in.....you AUTOMATICALLY put a target on a kid's head and you AUTOMATICALLY ask your fans to HAVE expectations.

ESPECIALLY when you cannot pronounce the word REBUILD.
Dat word you are looking for is RE-SET..........say it like dat, RE-SET.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
TBH. KK's draft was weak with only 4 players showing a good skillset so far.
Yeah, it was a mistake drafting him before Tkachuk, but we were all happy on draft day cause we picked KK.
I dunno, if some miracle doesn't happen in next 2 years, I see him as a career 3rd line C, and honestly nothing bad with him as our 3rd C and Suzuki as 2nd C.
A decade long problem is still not fixed with them - our 1st C.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
TBH. KK's draft was weak with only 4 players showing a good skillset so far.
Yeah, it was a mistake drafting him before Tkachuk, but we were all happy on draft day cause we picked KK.
I dunno, if some miracle doesn't happen in next 2 years, I see him as a career 3rd line C, and honestly nothing bad with him as our 3rd C and Suzuki as 2nd C.
A decade long problem is still not fixed with them - our 1st C.

The ever elusive #1c. Looking at the upcoming FA's theres nothing there, and it will be hard via trade. Somehow they need to solve this.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Yeah -- some people wanted Zadina.

Well, we picked the first C on that draft cause we were in dire need for a center.
I'm trying to see a better C that KK on that draft. I don't see any.
We picked the bests of what was offered on that draft in C position and not a KK's fault he isn't a star material.
But that's what happens when you're so desperate in finding a top C.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Yeah -- some people wanted Zadina.
I wanted Hughes personally. None of the forwards after Svech looked particularly good. Would have been underwhelmed with Tkachuk and okay with Zadina because of the home run factor.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'll never understand the argument that "this board wanted player X so they can't blame the Habs for drafting KK". We aren't the professionals. We aren't dedicating our whole life to this type of work. We aren't supplied with unlimited resources...etc

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Sorry man...how does a GM, not us, but a GM believes a deal was in place making it fine to lose a kid to waivers...and the deal didn't happen? Also....why in the world would you get yourself a DeAngelo when CHARACTER is supposed to be at the top of your list?

I have no idea why Bergevin is often the victim of his own moves....
Don’t mistake me, I only was highlighting what the apparent plan was...the fact it became a total cluster f*ck is all on MB.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We should try him as a 3rd line LW again... once Drouin is back? Put him in his traded position as our #1 center. Also, make sure we place all rookies on their offside while trying to make “our”team.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Well, I said that KK was not being ruined so far. I still don't think he was up until now. But Ducharme has been doing his best to do that since Gally went down.

Reactions: DAChampion and CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad