Recalled/Assigned: Jesper Fast

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Glad to have him on the big boy team, anyone know his stats in the A?and it looks to me like Miller is now the second call-up option instead of being número uno as usual.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think he actually fits this team really well right now. Good 2-way player, good hands, very high hockey IQ, good speed, good in the corners.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Given Vigneault's issues with Miller, this should have happened long ago. Instead, we had to watch them try and force a 4th liner to play 1st and 2nd line minutes.

Excited to see what the kid can do now that he's had some time to acclimate to the NA game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think he actually fits this team really well right now. Good 2-way player, good hands, very high hockey IQ, good speed, good in the corners.

His hockey IQ is sorely needed. He's not functionally Pejorative Slured like the rest of the team.

It's nice to see.

I'd actually like to see him play with St. Louis and someone else, although I have no idea who'd center the line.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
His hockey IQ is sorely needed. He's not functionally Pejorative Slured like the rest of the team.

It's nice to see.

I'd actually like to see him play with St. Louis and someone else, although I have no idea who'd center the line.

You already know it is Richards. Happy to see him up. Hopefully gets more than 4th line minutes. Put that 4th line back together.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Of course we know that if AV won't trust him, Miller may as well stay down, but assuming they were each going to get the same chance, would you rather see JT up instead of Fast?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Fast was surprisingly defensively responsible at the beginning of the season. He seemed to be one of the few guys who understood how to play man-to-man from the get go.

He was here for the first 8 games of the season where the Rangers as a whole were dreadful, only won 2 games, and were outscored 25-11. He still maintained a positive relative corsi while here.

Hope his defense does not falter, and he can find somewhat of an offensive game with this call up. I'm glad he's here over Miller.

EDIT - Practice lines:

Nash - Step - MSL
Hags - Richie - Fast
God line
DD - Moore - Boyle
Carcillo - Haggerty

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Haha, we were just talking about this in the prospect thread. Nice timing.

Fast is good at both ends, thinks the game well, minimizes mistakes. He can play on both wings, and that versatility should help. He's not a "tough guy" by any stretch but he doesn't shy away from contact and actually plays pretty well in front of the net.

He's shooting over 20% in Hartford, a testament both to his good shot and willingness to go to the tough areas. The one issue I've seen with him all season is his reluctance to shoot. We'll need him to pull the trigger more frequently. Creating good chances hasn't been our biggest problem, it's capitalizing on those chances we create. He has good hands and a quick shot. He's regularly one of Hartford's best forwards, so I'm anxious to see what he brings.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hopefully Fast is given an opportunity. The Rangers can use his righty shot. Hopefully he sticks and gives the Rangers a cheap option for their bottom six next season. Fast has played really well the last 3 months. He needs to stay healthy. Once he got healthy,he started producing. Fast won't solve the need to be a bigger and stronger team but hopefully plays well and the Rangers can trade another player for more size and strength. More scoring too.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Miller's best spot is at center. 2nd best is RW. Where do the Rangers coaches put Miller? LW. Makes sense. Today they have Nash on the left side. Exercise in futility. When Callahan was out with the broken hand,Miller played his best hockey on right wing. Callahan returned and Miller was gone back to the AHL.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The team is going to want more size vs Philadelphia. Refs don't call as much interference in the playoffs. Pouliot and Boyle are the only guys with the ability to fight in front of the net.

It's not like we have an abundance of power forward options in Hartford, but adding Fast to the MSL line is going to be Zucc all over again. No strength to hold the puck.

Vidic15*

Thank god. Boyle is a fourth liner. Give him one minute more and he's exposed as what he is. Same goes for Carcillo.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

It's nice to see.

I agree, his speed will be a welcomed addition as well. I am really high on him.

Of course we know that if AV won't trust him, Miller may as well stay down, but assuming they were each going to get the same chance, would you rather see JT up instead of Fast?

Fast, for sure. He fits the wing better and the make-up of this team as it is currently constructed with his hockey IQ.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I like this move but I'm not a fan of what I'm hearing about the practice lines... AV put ur head on straight and demote Richards line to 3rd idk why he leads the forwards in toi should be stepan Nash or St. Louis. And thank god he isn't breaking up the god line!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Someone said that Ola was saying that Fast lost his speed due to his injury? Is it true? Is it significant? Really happy with this move. There's no reason Boyle should have played instead of him and we should have hurt our 4th line, especially since he did decent in the beginning of the season.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
The team is going to want more size vs Philadelphia. Refs don't call as much interference in the playoffs. Pouliot and Boyle are the only guys with the ability to fight in front of the net.

It's not like we have an abundance of power forward options in Hartford, but adding Fast to the MSL line is going to be Zucc all over again. No strength to hold the puck.

Fast isn't small. He's 6' and close to 200 pounds. A big part of his game is playing in dirty areas. He should be ok.

SupersonicMonkey*

Huge opportunity for Jesper. Plugged right into the top 9.

Go get 'em, kid.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I like this move but I'm not a fan of what I'm hearing about the practice lines... AV put ur head on straight and demote Richards line to 3rd idk why he leads the forwards in toi should be stepan Nash or St. Louis. And thank god he isn't breaking up the god line!

Richards only leads forwards in toi when we have a lot of power plays. The ES toi is actually pretty balanced between the top 3 lines so idk why you'd get hung up on which line is called the first and which is called the second and so on.

richardsequalscup*

Who cares about Dorsett or Carcillo. It's a Fast thread. Good to see the kid get called up. Seems like he's adjusted to the AHL on a bad team.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just saw this. This is a good move.

I think adding another RH shot is going to help the lineup and from what I've heard he's been really good lately on the PP. Stepan and Dorsett were the only other RH shots since losing Callahan. Fast will help balance out the forward lines, even if its not that critical to success. Can't hurt. Pulling for the guy. Never hurts to inject some youth into the lineup this time of year either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad