Post-Game Talk: Jerts fall 3-2 to Ducks in OT

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I usually don't complain about refs but interesting that the Ducks' PxP guys pointed out the calls on the Jets were soft.

The call against Chiarot was laughable. The non-calls against Garbutt and Kesler were, too.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
geez I am eating crow about Burmistrov I thought he was a lost cause. Might be a fixture in the middle 6 now. Guy is capable of playing a real thinking man's game, especially when he does his little delays on the penalty kill.

I like how it's just under the radar that Scheifele not only held his own against Getzlaf, but probably had the better of the play. Anyone still think his ceiling is a #2 center?

Hutchinson looks bigger in the net.

what else...oh, Petan looks a lot older than he did in September. Might be hope for him yet

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
geez I am eating crow about Burmistrov I thought he was a lost cause. Might be a fixture in the middle 6 now. Guy is capable of playing a real thinking man's game, especially when he does his little delays on the penalty kill.

I like how it's just under the radar that Scheifele not only held his own against Getzlaf, but probably had the better of the play. Anyone still think his ceiling is a #2 center?

Hutchinson looks bigger in the net.

what else...oh, Petan looks a lot older than he did in September. Might be hope for him yet[/QUOTE]

Petan will be just fine. Just needs a little more time.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I fully believe that when the Jets win the Cup in 2-3 years' time, it will be the unanimous view of this forum that this season was one of the reasons, insofar as it gave so many of their young guys a chance to gain experience and confidence. That would never have happened had they been in a race for a playoff spot (and quick first-round exit) once again.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Copp had some really nice passes today. Great game. He really deserves some more time with skill guys...even AHLers!!

Sorry sip!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Everything is coming up Milhoustrov. :D

Could somebody give me a game analysis for Burmi why he played so well? Special moments? Couldn't watch the game and want to read about my boy :laugh:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Could somebody give me a game analysis for Burmi why he played so well? Special moments? Couldn't watch the game and want to read about my boy :laugh:

The one thing I especially noticed was his neutral zone play. He created several takeaways and forced off-sides. He seemed to think the game quicker as well. That was all really I noticed as I was trying to focus on Petan, De Leo etc.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sure. I know. Still want to hear about yesterday since I haven't watched the game like I said :P
He played like he has in the last 10 to 15 games , one thing about Burmi is he is so strong on his lower body , probably the Jets best skater . You don't see him get muscled off pucks and he gets some very good hits in . :nod:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
now if only someone could teach Burmistrov how to shoot.
has a beer-league-speed shot. no zip.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Burmi has always had a knack for possession along the boards and creating room for himself. He did that very well yesterday against a tough opponent to do that against, in spots where you were geniunely surprised that he'd be successful, AND, unlike pre-March Burmi, he'd usually find a teammate or do something useful with the puck.

He also brought the puck up the ice and into the zone like a beast.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Absolutely psyched that others are recognizing Burmi's increased play and I'm super glad he's starting to turn it around. Hoping he continues to improve. I'm curious if Scheif keeps this up, is Little #1 next season or is he?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Absolutely psyched that others are recognizing Burmi's increased play and I'm super glad he's starting to turn it around. Hoping he continues to improve. I'm curious if Scheif keeps this up, is Little #1 next season or is he?

Maurice = Burmiwhisperer

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

He can see and think. He made a cross ice pass to Fefe standing 3 feet from the post and Fefe passed it across to Wheeler who had a 3/4 empty net. Failed to score but it was a great play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad