Post-Game Talk: Jerts fall 3-2 to Ducks in OT

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
March-20-2016-Jets-bench-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: De Leo, Postma, Wheeler and Hutchinson.

To listen click here.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Thought Burmi had a great game also fear one day that we will see Perrault in a full body cast. No comment of the refs as its all ready been discussed to death, good on the players showing up today the paying fans deserve that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets / Moose played well. Won the Corsi battle again, and looked good doing it.

Burmistrov has hit another level. Just an outstanding game.

Scheifele was brilliant, too. Best player on the ice.

Trouba with a very good game.

Refs were putrid, again. I'd take up a collection to pay Maurice's fine if he wanted to let them have it. It's getting to the point of farce at this point. I used to think that these things "even out" over time, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I just got home from the game, did you guys hear the part where the ref's mic turned on during play? :laugh:

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Good games from Thorbun, Hutch, Petan, Postma and our top line. Hard to complain about the effort. Could have been a different result if we had a few calls go our way or if players didn't miss their assignments.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Jets / Moose played well. Won the Corsi battle again, and looked good doing it.

Burmistrov has hit another level. Just an outstanding game.

Scheifele was brilliant, too. Best player on the ice.

Trouba with a very good game.

Refs were putrid, again. I'd take up a collection to pay Maurice's fine if he wanted to let them have it. It's getting to the point of farce at this point. I used to think that these things "even out" over time, but I'm not so sure anymore.

The most impressive thing is that he did it without Perreault

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Good point about Burmi: a great game from him. Some really impressive shifts, and I love the fact that he seems to have figured out that A) he has linemates, and B) that it's a good idea to throw the puck at the net.

Pleasantly surprised with is play recently - I'd essentially written him off, as both is fancy-stats AND his scoring were poor. At least previously, he was incredibly good defensively.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Hutch looked really good - more like the Hutch we got excited about last year.

That was a really entertaining game, ruined only by gaining the loser point and spoiling the tank.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets should have won today. As good as Burmie has played he really needs to burry that open net goal.

I thought Scheifele handily out played Getzlaf tonight which is more positive news for the future.

Trouba and Buff were really strong.

I thought the Myers Enstrom pairing where a bit off today.

I liked the play of our young players today as well. That was easily Petan's best game. Was stronger on the puck and moved it smartly. DeLeo and Kosmo had their motors running all game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets should have won today. As good as Burmie has played he really needs to burry that open net goal.

I thought Scheifele handily out played Getzlaf tonight which is more positive news for the future.

I liked the play of our young players today as well. That was easily Petan's best game. Was stronger on the puck and moved it smartly. DeLeo and Kosmo had their motors running all game.

Not sure he could have done anything differently. He wired the puck high to the open side of the net. A really fluky stop by the shaft of a stick, or something.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure he could have done anything differently. He wired the puck high to the open side of the net. A really fluky stop by the shaft of a stick, or something.

It looked like he wired it at the middle of the net instead of the corner. The defender never would have got in front of it if he didn't shoot it back across the grain.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I was at the game and thought it was an entertaining one! Of the youngsters, I thought De Leo and Petan looked good. Wheeler is just a beast, but sometimes tries to do too much on his own. I also noticed Wheeler giving instructions to some of the youngsters on the ice...solid leadership.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Am I the only guy who feels the Jets have played well in the last 5 weeks in most of their losses. They have outplayed many teams and still lost, there is reason to believe that outve all these young guys Chevy et al will like a few of them up here. I think weve played well with half a minor league roster, not much to complain about.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Am I the only guy who feels the Jets have played well in the last 5 weeks in most of their losses. They have outplayed many teams and still lost, there is reason to believe that outve all these young guys Chevy et al will like a few of them up here. I think weve played well with half a minor league roster, not much to complain about.

Agreed 100%. That's to be expected with a young roster...the good teams know how to finish games.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Just back from game.
Very enjoyable, Hutch played very well.
DeLeo very high energy.
Burmi was impressive as was Wheeler.
Matty P bad luck, hope he is alright.
Can't complain about those types of games.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I saw three players fall tonight after seemingly tripping on the ice. Something wrong with the ice at MTS Centre?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed. Thought Scheif had a strong game against a tough match up. Easily could have had a couple assists with a little finish by his line mates.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Good point about Burmi: a great game from him. Some really impressive shifts, and I love the fact that he seems to have figured out that A) he has linemates, and B) that it's a good idea to throw the puck at the net.

Pleasantly surprised with is play recently - I'd essentially written him off, as both is fancy-stats AND his scoring were poor. At least previously, he was incredibly good defensively.

"I haz linemates I can pazz toz?" - Burmi

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Darn, I missed a good Burmi game

Also, De Leo got called up?! and played?! I have been out all day haha, this is great. I really like to see these guys get NHL shots. Hopefully he gets to play more and hits the scoresheet. How was he today? Also, how was Petan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad