Jersey numbers you want players to wear

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
To help the mods I'll start by saying keep this appropriate, I know it can be hard sometimes.

But I thought the funniest one was Steve Heinze wearing 57.

All of us wanted to see Miroslav Satan sign with the Devils just to wear 66, but I thought 6 was good enough because he'd have three sixes on his jersey, one on each arm and one on the back.

I want to see Patrick Maroon wear 5.

If I had a funny name and was in the NHL I'd totally do it, jersey sales would increase thus meaning I'd make more money.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
No puns here, but Kakko still hasn't chosen a number for the Rangers but i really don't want him to pick 24 since its a boring ass number, I want him to be either 43 or even better 33, a very unusual number for a forward.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm traditional with numbers. I like seeing players in generally low, classic numbers.

I also don't believe in number retirement. I think numbers that are significant to a team should be given to the next crop of stars in order for the legacy to grow.

For example, I think it would be really cool for a goaltender developed by the Devils to earn the #30, or for the defacto heart and soul player of the Rangers to take #11.

As much as love Adam Graves, Kaapo Kakko should be #9. It's a beautiful scoring winger's number for the best prospect we've had in ages.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I would love it if Joe Thornton reverted to the 6 that he had in his rookie year.

I’m sure many disagree, but I enjoy a classic star wearing a single-digit. Not many players have done that in the last twenty years.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I dislike it when rookies keep the number they were given out of camp. When you make the team you should just choose what number you want. No need in keeping the random, high number that you didn’t choose

Reactions: Dr Black

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I don't like seeing forwards wearing #29.

Happy to see Nylander ditch those digits this offseason, but we still have Laine, MacKinnon and Drasaitl wearing a number that used to be for goalies and goons.

Reactions: glovesave_35

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I don't like seeing forwards wearing #29.

Happy to see Nylander ditch those digits this offseason, but we still have Laine, MacKinnon and Drasaitl wearing a number that used to be for goalies and goons.
I personally like 29 for no reason at all. I guess I just like 9s on jerseys, I think they look the best.

Reactions: MattySnipes

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I personally like 29 for no reason at all. I guess I just like 9s on jerseys, I think they look the best.

I also really like #9 and nines on jerseys. But #29, #30 and #31 should never been worn by non goaltenders, and if they are, they have exclusively been worn by goons. (Odjick wore #29, so did Jay Miller and Marc Potvin. Chris Nilan wore #30. John Kordic wore #31, etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad