OT: Jersey Discussion

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
*EDIT: I DID NOT CREATE THESE MOCK-UPS :). I found them using a google search

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel with the direction the team is going, a new GM coming in, prospects bubbling up in Bakersfield, the CHL, and in Europe, new jerseys would signify a new era. Those blue and orange jerseys are too nostalgic to the 80's and I'm losing interest in 'em.

A revamped jersey they wore from '96 - '07 would look good as the primary home/away jerseys:

7644d268247689.5b598352002b3.png 67cb1068247689.5b5a81a085ff9.png

Or we could go towards these one's to completely change the look:

Df7RlTFVMAAPody.jpg oilers-whites-concept.PNG

I was even thinking we could make a version of the All-Star jersey in to a 3rd; a black and white version.

cut.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Canada Drai

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I favour the blue with orange.

I'm a fan of tradition (like Detroit), not changing the Jersey and colors every "generation" (like Vancouver).

I do have a copper&blue I use for ODR. It's fine for streetwear, but for Pro sports I also prefer bright colors (think LA Lakers, Celtics, BlueJay's, etc.). Black is great. Would be nice as a 3rd, but I might think to innovate a little (rather than simply turning the current look B&W).

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
@OilerSuperstar17

:handclap:

These are very well done!

I really like the middle ones. If it were up to me, I'd go with those as the primary home and away jerseys and as an alternate, I'd go with an upgrade on the jersey with the gear/oil drop logo on it.

images

Reactions: crackdown44

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I look at Jersey rebranding as simple crass economic fashion. Lets make this years colors different so that anybody that wants to feel in has to dish out another few hundred bucks for attire that is uncomfortable, in the closet almost all the time, and taking up space next to several other retreads.

Except in my closet few of these ever exist.

Anytime I'm around Rogers near a game time I'm amazed how many people, such a large proportion are willing to dole out earned for the latest jerseys. It speaks to duped duplicity. Who wants to be uniform anyway, and wear what everybody else is wearing, pun intended.

jebus I despised the gear drop and still do. Always thought that was trying to "Red Wing" the Oilers logo. I also think the Red Wings Jersey is one of the ugliest things ever invented. About as ugly as the Detroit hunks of steel they were pumping out at the time.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I look at Jersey rebranding as simple crass economic fashion. Lets make this years colors different so that anybody that wants to feel in has to dish out another few hundred bucks for attire that is uncomfortable, in the closet almost all the time, and taking up space next to several other retreads.

Except in my closet few of these ever exist.

Anytime I'm around Rogers near a game time I'm amazed how many people, such a large proportion are willing to dole out earned for the latest jerseys. It speaks to duped duplicity. Who wants to be uniform anyway, and wear what everybody else is wearing, pun intended.

jebus I despised the gear drop and still do. Always thought that was trying to "Red Wing" the Oilers logo. I also think the Red Wings Jersey is one of the ugliest things ever invented. About as ugly as the Detroit hunks of steel they were pumping out at the time.

I don't buy the jerseys for two reasons:

1) The cost (and I refuse to stoop to the level of buying overseas knock-offs)
2) The name bar curse

Every jersey I have purchased (and there aren't many) of any player from any pro sport who was with the team upon purchase either got traded away or left as a free agent a season or two after I bought the jersey making them useless and worthless to me. I refuse to wear a jersey of a player currently playing but with another team. I didn't despise the driller/rigger shoulder patch they had for several years but I certainly wasn't a fan of it. It sure seems the gear-drop logo seemed to be a "loved it"/"hated it" split. No grey area or middle ground with that one :laugh:.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel with the direction the team is going, a new GM coming in, prospects bubbling up in Bakersfield, the CHL, and in Europe, new jerseys would signify a new era. Those blue and orange jerseys are too nostalgic to the 80's and I'm losing interest in 'em.

A revamped jersey they wore from '96 - '07 would look good as the primary home/away jerseys:

View attachment 180981 View attachment 180987

Or we could go towards these one's to completely change the look:

View attachment 180983 View attachment 180985

I was even thinking we could make a version of the All-Star jersey in to a 3rd; a black and white version.

View attachment 180993

What do you guys think?
Your Draisaitl proposal is 100% the way to go. I love the traditional Oiler colours, but Royal Blue and Orange are very dated. Use them as a heritage style jersey for special occasions. I hate the orange shoulder yokes, so when they ditched them during the Doug Weight years, I loved the jerseys. Didn't like the copper and red so much, but navy blue and a darker orange are excellent.

Great job on the mock up !!

P.S. The black and white Allstar jerseys are awful. So boring. Please no.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I don't buy the jerseys for two reasons:

1) The cost (and I refuse to stoop to the level of buying overseas knock-offs)
2) The name bar curse

Every jersey I have purchased (and there aren't many) of any player from any pro sport who was with the team upon purchase either got traded away or left as a free agent a season or two after I bought the jersey making them useless and worthless to me. I refuse to wear a jersey of a player currently playing but with another team. I didn't despise the driller/rigger shoulder patch they had for several years but I certainly wasn't a fan of it. It sure seems the gear-drop logo seemed to be a "loved it"/"hated it" split. No grey area or middle ground with that one :laugh:.
Where do I send you money for a Lucic jersey?

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
I have a number of jerseys but almost all of them are of different generations. NONE of them have names on it - I cheer for the team and even though I have favourite players, I refuse to get a single player's name on them for a few reasons.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I have a number of jerseys but almost all of them are of different generations. NONE of them have names on it - I cheer for the team and even though I have favourite players, I refuse to get a single player's name on them for a few reasons.

Wait until they get traded, then buy the jerseys on sale.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Please no navy and copper. Don’t want any reminders of the Thomas the Train Engine era.
Ditch the traffic cone orange while they’re at it.

I do like the white and orange jersey though. Sharp.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Yuck, 96-07 jerseys are terrible. That copper or whatever that is was probably the worst colour put on a jersey. The Red around that logo is horrible as well, that’s a coulor we should never wear.

Make a blue jersey like the Condors one above our home jersey and make the Orange the alternate’s worn about 14 times a year.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Please no navy and copper. Don’t want any reminders of the Thomas the Train Engine era.
Ditch the traffic cone orange while they’re at it.

I do like the white and orange jersey though. Sharp.
Wasnt it Thomas the tank engine? I dont get the reference? What jersey looked like this?

Thomas_Tank_Engine_1.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad