Speculation: Jersey Changes (New Adidas jerseys revealed)

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
I don't like nameplates at all. Kinda disappointed that we're doing that. Hopefully it looks alright.

Montgomery81

Aug 6, 2015
Oklahoma City
Is anyone expecting any major changes?

Nah, I wasn't expecting anything crazy, really just the 25 year patch and maaaybe the Texas state logo moving to the shoulders. When they unveiled the new uniform, I seem to remember Nill and Gaglardi saying something along the lines of wanting this jersey/logo to become iconic, and changing it so soon defeats that purpose.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Supposed to be out tonight, somewhere between 7-9 PM CST.

Archgoat

Sep 29, 2011
I hope it is nothing major, I just got a new Spezza jersey in the mail yesterday.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nashville and St. Louis home jerseys were leaked (supposedly).

St. Louis looks alright. Nashville looks ****ing horrendous.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Looking at it more, it's not that bad. I don't like the front at all, still. The back looks good.

I suspect it will look much different on the ice, though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don't like the perforations on any jersey. They're especially bad on Pittsburgh.

But ultimately, that's a minor feature.

I actually like the collars and the laces.

Montgomery81

Aug 6, 2015
Oklahoma City
I'm happy the jerseys are essentially the same as the Reebok uniform, although I'm not a fan of the perforated numbers and shoulders. The shoulder yoke on the away jersey looks a little different, but that's likely due to the stitching as the armpit area looks like the adiZERO material adidas uses on their apparel. I'm surprised adidas would lump the Stars in the "changes" category when it doesn't appear like any aesthetic changes were made, including the absence of the 25th anniversary patch.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Nice of them to leave them the same. Thought they would make just enough changes to encourage us all to feel the need to buy new, current jerseys. With no thirds, that would have been a revenue boost.

But, TBH, a cooler jersey might be enough for the casual fan to buy just to make it easier to wear on warmer days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad