Speculation: Jersey Changes (New Adidas jerseys revealed)

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas
Apparently the Stars are getting some sort of jersey change with Adidas. Any specific details are still unknown, but my gut reaction is aversive. I really like the jerseys as they are and don't know what I would change.
Are there any changes you guys could see that you'd like?

Last edited:

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Seeing as they just introduced the new look in 2013, I'd be surprised if it's anything major. Hopefully it's referring to the 25th Anniversery patch.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I can't find the source now, but there was some speculation it would be outlines on the numbers.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Well if Nuke doesn't come back I might need a new jersey. Oh, and if they don't completely **** the bed in June.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I really thought outlines of the numbers would be worthwhile when these uniforms were introduced, but I've come to like the single-colored ones. Maybe it just will be the 25th patch.

Montgomery81

Aug 6, 2015
Oklahoma City
I agree it's most likely the 25th anniversary patch and/or number outlines. I like the jerseys as they are now, but one simple change, moving the state of Texas logo to the shoulders, would look sweet, and be a slight throwback to the mid to late 1990s and early 2000s.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
So I guess there's no black trim like some speculated. Only change is probably the patch.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
There's at least one change. That collar is different.

EDIT: Color should have been collar.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
isn't the stitching around the edges of the letters new? i though they looked like iron on letters before.

It does look like that and the name plate are different.

benn-seguin-021115-getty-ftrjpg_192mogmka865v1c6semwejfiwd.jpg

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Apparently the numbers are going to be perforated, which I'm 100% against. Terrible, and I hope I'm wrong.

Aside from that, hoping to see black outlining the numbers, and I like the look of the name with the stitching and the bar. Looks less cheap.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Apparently the numbers are going to be perforated, which I'm 100% against. Terrible, and I hope I'm wrong.

Aside from that, hoping to see black outlining the numbers, and I like the look of the name with the stitching and the bar. Looks less cheap.

The letters for the name have always been stiched on, you just don't usually see an extreme close up of it though. As far as the numbers, early on I heard every one was moving to the perforated numbers, but guess there was some pushback and now the teams are allowed to choose them or too stick with their normal team letterer. As far as us, I'm not sure. Knew the name plate was coming and was told the numbers would be different

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
It's funny- I don't know if someone has mentioned this previously, but in the Hitchcock thread there's a tweet vid sit-down w Scott Burnside where I think you see the new jerseys. Lots of green and grey. :P

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
It's funny- I don't know if someone has mentioned this previously, but in the Hitchcock thread there's a tweet vid sit-down w Scott Burnside where I think you see the new jerseys. Lots of green and grey. :P

Those are training jerseys am I right?

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
The letters for the name have always been stiched on, you just don't usually see an extreme close up of it though. As far as the numbers, early on I heard every one was moving to the perforated numbers, but guess there was some pushback and now the teams are allowed to choose them or too stick with their normal team letterer. As far as us, I'm not sure. Knew the name plate was coming and was told the numbers would be different

I just mean the way they are stitched on as well as the bar, it all looks much better. The RBK look cheap. I have a Benn done to spec and it just looks, well, cheap.

Praying no perforated numbers. Terrible look. Might be the deal breaker on whether I ever buy one or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad