Celebrity Death: Jerry Lewis Has Passed Away at 91

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
people need to explain this to me. While I never met the guy I know guys who worked on the movies Funny Bones and Arizona Dream and they all spoke highly of him
My dad was a musician and worked with him briefly in the early 70's.....said he did not treat those under him very well. You could see little hints of it every once in a while during the telethons, when he would act somewhat disrespectful towards his bandleader & or others on the show.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
My dad was a musician and worked with him briefly in the early 70's.....said he did not treat those under him very well. You could see little hints of it every once in a while during the telethons, when he would act somewhat disrespectful towards his bandleader & or others on the show.

I chatted with the guys who I know who worked with him and they more or less said --if you did not know your que or what you were suppose to do--you got the bulls horns. They said he was a perfectionist who settled for nothing short. No matter what he did

Last edited:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Great in The King of Comedy. Hopefully we get his unreleased Holocaust Clown film now that he's dead

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I chatted with the guys who I know who worked with him and they more or less said --if you did not know your que or what you were suppose to do--you got the bulls horns. They said he was a perfectionist who settled for nothing short. No matter what he did

They say that his perfectionist ways were a big part of what broke him and Dean Martin up.

Dean wanted to just relax and work when needed whereas Jerry was a workaholic and perfectionist. Jerry always wanted to do more and more and become the biggest thing ever. He pretty much took over the act. I could imagine that after a while their styles clashed.

There was also the jealousy as well since at the time Jerry was out to be the main star and Dean was just the straight man sidekick.

It's a shame really what happened there.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I found out today that my brother-in-law's grandparents would host parties in Hollywood and Dean and Jerry would go all the time. Apparently was a producer in Hollywood in the 40's and 50's.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
people need to explain this to me. While I never met the guy I know guys who worked on the movies Funny Bones and Arizona Dream and they all spoke highly of him

Jerry Lewis was basically Krusty the Clown. That was Jerry - sunshine on the screen, a dark cloud in real life.

He and Lou Reed are a couple of guys I really admire, but I'd probably pee my pants if I were ever in the same room with them. They were both harsh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad