Confirmed with Link: Jerry D'Amigo to Buffalo for Luke Adam

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Sabres fan here.

Luke Adam:

Big body, doesn't use it. If he's not playing a top-6 type role, he's useless. Doesn't PK or really play defense at all. Not physical. Not fast. Good shot though.

My guess is that he's AHL fodder for you guys unless you get really desperate for scoring.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If I remember correctly skating was his biggest issue. He was the AHL rookie of the year a few years back but is mainly just a guy who goes in corners and stands in front of the net. I haven't seen him in awhile and he's been in the AHL all season this year

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good on Jarmo to get something for Jerry D. I have no idea why Jerry fell off a cliff in Springfield.

Luke Adam was great for the Sabres for about 10 games a few years back but has been abysmal outside of that. He won't be making top six in Columbus so don't expect him out of Springfield. But maybe Bednar can teach him a thing or two.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
bust for bust, AHL deal. yawn

Im guessing its just an AHL deal to give a young Falcons team some more scoring depth.
Yeah AHL deals are boring but if you can create winning at that level with the guys we have there it can only be a positive

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I like this trade. I actually think Luke Adam would be great in our bottom 6. He's a big guy, can deliver huge hits, and he's won the AHL all-star hardest shot competition ( a little over 100 mph I believe ) so there's also a scoring threat.
He can't be worse than any of the players currently in our bottom 6.

Last edited:

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
I like this trade. I actually think Luke Adam would be great in our bottom 9. He's a big guy, can deliver huge hits, and he's won the AHL all-star hardest shot competition ( a little over 100 mph I believe ) so there's also a scoring threat.
He can't be worse than any of the players currently in our bottom 9.

Anybody in our bottom nine? You mean players like Foligno, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Calvert, and Atkinson?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
D'Amigo for Frattin is one of the most useless-for-useless trades I can ever remember in the NHL.

Still LOLing at all of the Leaf fans who tried to sell us on Jerry.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
also, I'm kind of wondering if a larger move is on the horizon - we have a lot of depth forwards now.

(and for that matter, still a lot of D depth when Murray and Golo are healthy.)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Good on Jarmo to get something for Jerry D. I have no idea why Jerry fell off a cliff in Springfield.

Luke Adam was great for the Sabres for about 10 games a few years back but has been abysmal outside of that. He won't be making top six in Columbus so don't expect him out of Springfield. But maybe Bednar can teach him a thing or two.

You nailed it.... in 2011-12 he showed some promise with 20 points in 52 games, I actually liked his play back then but he never built on that season.. A depth player that might be a sleeper after more time in the minors..

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
AHL-level change of scenery trade to go along with the NHL-level change of scenery trade made over the weekend.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Why not?

Our fourth line is such that any possible addition is welcome. D'Amigo never warranted a call up this season and that says it all for him. Adam has 69 points in his last 86 AHL games and did score 10 goals in 52 games in the NHL a few seasons back.

Both players are on two way deals which expire at season's end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad