Value of: Jeremy Swayman

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Most Bruins trade ideas seem to focus on moving Ullmark, but what would be your offer if we shopped Swayman instead.

Edit -
For people that ask why, first off, they probably wouldn’t. But just to make an argument, Swayman doesn’t have a no trade clause, he’d bring back a better package than Ullmark, and there’s a slim chance that there could be friction with the front office for making him go to arbitration last year. But again, they probably wouldn’t.

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'd give pretty much whatever Boston wanted from LA (within reason)

I'd imagine if they entertained the idea, they'd want to trade him to the West.
I have to agree. You don't trade a potential franchise goalie within your own conference.

They really shouldn't trade him at all, but I don't wanna go against the spirit of the thread.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I have to agree. You don't trade a potential franchise goalie within your own conference.

They really shouldn't trade him at all, but I don't wanna go against the spirit of the thread.

Because in reality all the discussion in this forum is basically fantasy hockey. And for discussion sake, maybe Anderson, Laferriere, Turcotte, Portillo, and another prospect/pick or two. We’ll throw in Gryz to replace Anderson in the lineup, and pretty much any of the scrubs on our fourth line. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: go4hockey

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
You need a two goalie system at this point. The Bruins don't really have any upcoming players that are going to break their bank, so this wouldn't be cap related either. I really can't see them ever trading Swayman.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They should move Ullmark over Swayman, obviously.

But they would be foolish to not at least gauge what is there. Ullmark has trade protection and only one year of control left. Swayman has no trade protection and years left of RFA control. They could get a a lot more for Swayman. Ullmark is 30, not 35, so it’s not like committing to him is insane.

I don’t even know how to value Swayman. Guys at his level of talent and age just don’t get moved. Even Schneider for 9OA isn’t great since Schneider was two years older and had never played more than 33 games in a season.

So you would at least have to listen and see if anyone absolutely made you say yes.

Reactions: BronxBruin

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Byfield and Clarke I assume are off the table. So then it becomes a quantity trade around guys like Laf or Turcotte or whatever. At that point seems like it would make more sense to loop back to Ullmark and talk about a 1:1 deal for one of those guys.

Reactions: BronxBruin

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Bruins should consider every move possible. Forbort Grzelyk Shattenkirk Debrusk VanRemsdeik Lucic are all UFA and should be moved. Swayman if RFA but should be moved if the deal is there. This team needs to replenish draft picks. Not built to win in the playoffs so sell off assets and gamble you win a round but not looking likely. I also sell off Zach and Lindholm for the right price to a contender.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Bruins should consider every move possible. Forbort Grzelyk Shattenkirk Debrusk VanRemsdeik Lucic are all UFA and should be moved. Swayman if RFA but should be moved if the deal is there. This team needs to replenish draft picks. Not built to win in the playoffs so sell off assets and gamble you win a round but not looking likely. I also sell off Zach and Lindholm for the right price to a contender.
Ah yes, the classic "one of the best teams in the league should tear it down and rebuild" move...because that has happened so many times in the history of the NHL. On paper, this Bruins team doesn't stack up to some of the other top contenders this year...but Bruins fans should know from last year that the game isn't played on paper. Despite seemingly not being as talented, they continue to win night in and night out. Anything can happen in the playoffs so the Bruins are likely going to roll the dice with the team they have (especially since they have no cap space) and see if they can get on a roll in the playoffs.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Ah yes, the classic "one of the best teams in the league should tear it down and rebuild" move...because that has happened so many times in the history of the NHL. On paper, this Bruins team doesn't stack up to some of the other top contenders this year...but Bruins fans should know from last year that the game isn't played on paper. Despite seemingly not being as talented, they continue to win night in and night out. Anything can happen in the playoffs so the Bruins are likely going to roll the dice with the team they have (especially since they have no cap space) and see if they can get on a roll in the playoffs.
talk to me when this shadow team gets bounced in the first round again. danton heinen on the 1st line today. thats built to win?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Byfield and Clarke I assume are off the table. So then it becomes a quantity trade around guys like Laf or Turcotte or whatever. At that point seems like it would make more sense to loop back to Ullmark and talk about a 1:1 deal for one of those guys.
Im sure the kings would give you PLD in that package too

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Mercer, Holtz, one of Schmid or Daws, what else???

(please lets save time and do not say Luke Hughes or Simon Nemec)

Kinda depends on if the bruins see Mercer as a play driving 2C or a complimentary 2W long term. With Pasta on the team and Lysell as the top forward prospect, how many RW do they need?

It’s all really hard to talk about. Because the Bruins are comparing trading Ullmark vs trading Swayman and without knowing the offers for both, it’s hard to gauge.

Reactions: TooMuchMan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2